CDI 210/25 Memory Problem

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
matt1971
Burn:Cycle Activated

CDI 210/25 Memory Problem

Post by matt1971 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some advice.

My timekeeper chip is not storing the time or saved games. After reading through forums I realise I either need to buy a new one or replace the batteries.

I found a website stocking the right chip and ordered one (about $22)

My problem now is that I am not an electrician and I have never dabbled in electronics.

Is it very difficult to replace the chip? Do i need any tools? Can i just pull it out and replace?

Sorry if they are really basic questions - But have had my CD-I since they first came out, its still with the NEW sticker on it, and other than the timekeeper chip, its in perfect condition and just want to get the memory working.

If I cannot do the repair, when the chip arrives can anyone recommend a shop or chain that I could take my player too? (Am in UK, London)

Many thanks in advance

Matt

Ann

I have that problem too......

Post by Ann » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Hey!

Did you get this sorted? I have the same problem where I can't save anything :( But I don't know how to fix it.

matt1971

Re: I have that problem too......

Post by matt1971 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Ann wrote:Hey!

Did you get this sorted? I have the same problem where I can't save anything :( But I don't know how to fix it.
Unfortunately not!!

In the end I sold it clearly stating the memory doesnt work and bought a CDI 370. These CDI's have a battery backup, so all that needs replacing is the button battery!!

Hope this helps,

Matt