How to install a DVC in the CD-I 450

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Backflip
Burn:Cycle Activated

How to install a DVC in the CD-I 450

Post by Backflip » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:43 am

Hi,

I recently got the urge to get new games for my CD-I 450 but in order to play some of those, I had to buy the DVC. I found one on e-bay and I got it today. The thing is, I have no idea how to put it in my CD-I. I know where to put it but there is some kind of metal bar which prevents me from inserting the DVC. Could someone please tell me how it's done ?

Thanks.

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:42 pm

This metal strip is for protection. You should lift it up with a knife or something.

Actually, Philips included some piece of metal with the
player/cartridge specially for this purpose. Most people lost it, I guess.

Backflip

Post by Backflip » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks.

I managed to play Dragon's Lair II and Les Guignols de l'Info (a French game) but my Thunder in Paradise doesn't work. Do some of you know why ?

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:01 pm

sorry I can't answer your question but can you tell me what is Les Guignols de l'Info like? what kind of game is it? it looks interesting, Bas posted some photos of the cover on this site.

Backflip

Post by Backflip » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:25 pm

It's like a point and click game. Les Guignols de l'Info is a French satirical show. They've been making fun of almost everybody for more than 15 years. In the game, you play as a journalist who has just been hired by the World Company and you have to make news reports about various French celebrities. It's really fun if you understand French.