First the 910 now the 550

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.

Should Nintendo's VC include Nintendo based games (such as Faces of Evil)?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

russnoob
Burn:Cycle Activated

First the 910 now the 550

Post by russnoob » Wed May 07, 2008 2:59 pm

This sucks! Well instead of getting a transfer cable for the emulator, I went ahead and bought a different cd-i 550 model. It worked for a few hours and my friend and I got crystal reflection in FoE. Then the screen started flickering and the sound got stuck. So we turned it off and now there is nothing. :( It seems to sence the disk and stops when opened so I know it is not the laser this time. Also before starting Faces of Evil I got a screen telling me my memory was full but only 5% was used. So as far as I can tell it is:
1. the Timekeeper chip ( If so which option is best as far as time difficulty and cost effectiveness A. transplant my 910 chip into 550 B. drilling and connect 9v battery C. new chip into 550 D. transplant
laser assembly of 550 into 910 or E. take the Big N's advice and smash both with megaton hammer.)
2. The digital video cartrige
3. Unknown problem that prevents video and audio signal reaching my TV.

Well those are my options. If I can't get either one to work I'll have to sell them off for parts and try to get some of my money back. :cry: Also if someone could figure out how to make a ROM transfer cable using a USB plug instead of a null serial modem cable, that would provide a useful alternitive. Thanks.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Re: First the 910 now the 550

Post by cdifan » Wed May 07, 2008 10:59 pm

russnoob wrote:Also if someone could figure out how to make a ROM transfer cable using a USB plug instead of a null serial modem cable, that would provide a useful alternitive. Thanks.
That would be the equivalent of getting an USB-to-serial adapter and connecting the CD-i null-modem cable to it. Such adapters can easily be found on the Internet, but the prices vary widely (I've seen anything from $9.99 to $89).

As far as I know, there is no CD-i player that has an USB port; most players predate the USB standard by several years!

You could also get a PCI serial card; I've seen these for even lower prices.