my philips cd-i 470 doesn't read the disks anymore!!

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

my philips cd-i 470 doesn't read the disks anymore!!

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:18 pm

my 470 doesn't read the disks anymore wat can i do???
only a few games still work: hotel mario, chaos control family games 1/2 and arcade classics! even games/movies with out scrashes doesn't work!

please help me!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:19 pm

that's far too little info to answer on really. Be a little more detailed if you want people to help you ;)

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Bas wrote:that's far too little info to answer on really. Be a little more detailed if you want people to help you ;)
ok ill try :) i need to open and close the cddrive a lot to even play a game. and the cddrive peeps if i open and close it, sometimes doesnt rotate at all (main problem).

do i need to buy a new console or can i repere this because i live in holland and i wanna know for sure the new console works.

i hope its the info youre need because im not good at english lol :wink:

TheCDiFanboy92
Softech Recruit

Post by TheCDiFanboy92 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:21 pm

TheCDiFanboy92 wrote:
Bas wrote:that's far too little info to answer on really. Be a little more detailed if you want people to help you ;)
ok ill try :) i need to open and close the cddrive a lot to even play a game. and the cddrive peeps if i open and close it, sometimes doesnt rotate at all (main problem).

do i need to buy a new console or can i repere this because i live in holland and i wanna know for sure the new console works.

i hope its the info youre need because im not good at english lol :wink:
someone please help :cry:

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Fri May 01, 2009 2:18 pm

It sounds like a problem with the loading mechanism.

I would say:
-replace the loading belt
-add a little grease to the loading gears (that should stop the squeaking)

If that doesn't solve the problem, check if the laser mechanism works correctly by using a good audioCD, and play it to the end (any ticks in the audio playback?)

btw, I'm dutch, so you could ask questions in Dutch also (and a lot of other people here are too). But this forum is English, so it may be helpful for others if done in English.

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2372