CDI350 looks fine, but CD-I discs don't play

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
richard
Burn:Cycle Activated

CDI350 looks fine, but CD-I discs don't play

Post by richard » Wed May 20, 2009 10:19 pm

I found my CDI350 back after years. I tried to start it with several cd-i discs, but only the start-up screen with the following text is shown: "Philips compact disc interactive" below that " settings dim memory" on a background with discs. I can choose from these options, but no CD-I disc will play. Help is appreciated, anyone ?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri May 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Hi Richard, sorry I didn't get the chance to email you back, that's my fault. The problem you describe can be about various things, but I have little experience with the portable CD-i players. I would guess the battery is empty, as is the main problem with failing CD-i players lately. What kind of battery the 350 has, I'm not sure...

richard
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by richard » Fri May 29, 2009 6:26 pm

Thank you for your kind reply. Your conclusion could be correct. Probably the time keeper battery is failing. Maybe in time someone with more experience with the CDI350 can help me out. It's only a matter of time ( keeper)

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 pm

What kind of battery the 350 has, I'm not sure...
the same one as the earlier players (cdi-210/20 or cdi-220/20 players).

They all use the same timekeeper module (later versions have a bit more memory I believe).

The early CDI-350 and cdi-360 players are very similar to the big player of the time. They even use the same DVC !
So they could best be described as a big cdi-220 put in a very small box. :-)