Replacing Timekeeper in 450

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Karny
Burn:Cycle Activated

Replacing Timekeeper in 450

Post by Karny » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:30 am

Hi there!

I'm a brand new cdi owner and mine seems to have a dead battery.

I've read that you can replace the timekeeper chip and I think this is a more elegant solution than shaving down the chip and soldering wires to another battery.

Can someone point me to the best documentation on how to do this and maybe also tell me where I might find a suitable replacement and socket in the UK?

Thanks a lot :)

Karny

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:31 pm

You can replace the whole chip but on the other hand these are getting old and it might not last that long for all the effort.

Personally I'm an advocate of the shave/solder approach, just be careful and read all the information available on-line really carefully! This provides a long term solution and I've even seen the battery attached to the exterior of the player for easy access! An excellent idea in my opinion.

Kempyt

Post by Kempyt » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Has anyone on here done this? and would anyone do it again for cash? I have 3 different players that require this now?
Top 3 games - 7th Guest, Dimo’s Quest, Pinball

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 am

Kempyt wrote:Has anyone on here done this? and would anyone do it again for cash? I have 3 different players that require this now?
I am curious about this as well. My newly acquired 450 has a dead battery, too.
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 am

I think the person I bought my CD-i player from does this. It will take me a bit of digging to get their contact info, but I'm gonna try. They are located in the States.

I'll get back shortly ...

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:41 am

ah,good ,i want the info too ,thx

Adr990

Post by Adr990 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Heya, I could do this if you want.

I've done this before for "qw4t0r" (Who's also a member on this forum) and myself.

Though, we both live in The Netherlands, so that could be quite a bit of a problem for you guys.

If you live in the UK, Bacteria from "ModdedByBacteria" also seems to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcWjit_G5YU

I don't know anyone who does this in the States, but there must be someone for sure.
I fix Timekeepers and noisy/faulty disc trays/readers.
Looking for a complete games list of the CD-i. :lol: