Cleaning a 450 to read burnt discs consistently.

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Cleaning a 450 to read burnt discs consistently.

Post by Trev » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:15 am

I know there are similar topics on this, but I'm hoping to get some specific advice ... from firsthand experience is possible.

It was suggested to me that I attempt to clean the lazer of my 450 to get it to read burnt diss more accurately (aka, loading more than 1/3 of the time, not getting dirty disc messages, etc...)

I am so nervous to damage my player, especially since I just got a fully functional one after so long. Damp Qtip, and ... any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:59 pm

So I got my player to the point where it reads discs about 1/2 the time. Annoyintlyg, but not the end of the world. More importantly it no longer seems to gvie dirty disc messages, which is great.

Am I risking wearing out the system playing burnt discs? I only have 2, but it is a concern.