CD-i gun on plasma TV

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
Kempyt
Burn:Cycle Activated

CD-i gun on plasma TV

Post by Kempyt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 am

Tried to use my CD-i gun last night on my new plasma TV but can't seem to get it to work? has anyone else tried the gun on a plasma TV? if so any ideas how I can get it to work?

Would be a great shame to not be able to play the gun games!

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks
Chris
Top 3 games - 7th Guest, Dimo’s Quest, Pinball

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm pretty sure you need an older tv ... the guns aren't designed to work on these newer fancier models.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Have you tried it on a CRT screen?

As I understand it, the Peacekeeper gun is actually one of the very few old lightguns that can work with any display method (even beamers). I've tested tried mine with my LCD TV and it worked fine as well.

This is because the gun doesn't interact with the screen (like the typical lightgun) but with its infrared receiver. Basically it's like having a primitive Wiimote on a cord :D
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Seb wrote: As I understand it, the Peacekeeper gun is actually one of the very few old lightguns that can work with any display method
Really? That's cool! I didn't think any of the old lightguns worked w/newer tv's. I may have to hunt one down now & test it w/Mad Dog.
"Third down, bases are loaded, and we're pullin' the goalie!"

Kempyt
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by Kempyt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks guys, I will give it another go tomorrow and have two guns so will check them both as perhaps one is faulty!
Top 3 games - 7th Guest, Dimo’s Quest, Pinball

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:19 am

Trev wrote:I didn't think any of the old lightguns worked w/newer tv's.
thats because the CD-i peacekeeper isn't a lightgun, it uses a different mechanism as seb mentioned it works on infared. if my memory doesn't fail me I'm pretty sure the peacekeeper worked on my plasma tv