Black and White video output??

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
notHuman
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by notHuman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm

This is awesome!
I haven't soldered anything in about 12+ years but I can't think of a better reason to re-learn. I have a pretty steady hand so that's good.

Thanks so much for this step by step tutorial!

I'm kind of an amateur really, so once you get those 2 switches and 2 resistors where will they go? Like this is a switch to change the cd-i output between PAL and NTSC?

This is really exciting... I'll hit a pawn shop for some soldering tools and ask my buddies in electronics manufacturing to score me some switches and resistors... maybe wires too!

notHuman
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by notHuman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 am

Unbelievable...
I just found a CD-i model 220 with the digital video cartridge... NTSC and everything. No remote.
But it was $7.99!

And it works great! hahaha mind you i will probably still try to convert the other one to NTSC. But i'm in less of a rush. Crazy lucky deal!