Philips CD-i 220 Digital Video Cartridge installation

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
nuker
Burn:Cycle Activated

Philips CD-i 220 Digital Video Cartridge installation

Post by nuker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:47 am

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem installing the digital video cart on my cd-i player. The problem is.... i cant get the cover off of the system. I removed the 2 screws and it wont budge at all. It looks like there is a cart in there already but i cant get it out. What am i doing wrong? I can provide a picture if necessary but i am completely stumped on this one.

Thanks

Rob68

Post by Rob68 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 pm

nuker,
The Digital Video Cartridge in the CDi 220 slides out the back the unit. If you look at the cartridge, just above the writing, there is a small semi circular indentation in the chassis of the DVC in the centre. Insert a small piece of strong wire with a bend on the end of it, just long enough to fit it in the slot, then pull it towards you. The cartridge should come out with a little bit if force, as it has pins on the other end of it rather like a card on a pc motherboard.
Hope this helps.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Instructions are also in the manual

http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/c/cdi2 ... fu_eng.pdf

Rob68

Post by Rob68 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:17 pm

I don't ever remember seeing a cover plate on mine. Weird.