cdi 910 Power source 230V? 120V?

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
yorker
Burn:Cycle Activated

cdi 910 Power source 230V? 120V?

Post by yorker » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I might get hold of a cdi-910.

As google told me that this is a US version i have a question:
What will it's Power supply expect? Will it work with 230V/50 "out of the box" or do i need an adaptor for making it work here in Europe?

Thx

yorker

Post by yorker » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Ok, couldn't resist as nearly all i had to do was picking it up :-) Especially when i think of what i paid for my 210 back in the days when it was new ;-)

Model No. is CDI910 BK03

Look definitley US: no EURO A/V connector and on it's rear side it says: 120V 60Hz 410mA

Though the main input jack looks a bit strange as it just has 2 pins (no ground?). plugged in was a rubber connector with a "schuko"-plug on it's other end. Guess this is not the orginal one it came with.
Will check if i can find a converter (from 230V) for it

Maybe any other things i should have a look for?

Hope i get it to work. :-)

Adr990

Post by Adr990 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 am

The powerplug you are talking about would be, this:
Right? Well that's a normal plug, don't worry. :P Even the PS3 Slim uses it. hehe

As for the power, play safe and go to your local electronic store and buy a converter (A 230v to 110v) ;) Not just a US to EU plug converter!

I'm just not sure whether it can take 230v anyways, it could, but just play safe on this one then, it can't hurt. haha
I fix Timekeepers and noisy/faulty disc trays/readers.
Looking for a complete games list of the CD-i. :lol: