Lightgun peacekeeper fix?

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
lightgun
Burn:Cycle Activated

Lightgun peacekeeper fix?

Post by lightgun » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 am

So I just got the lightgun peacekeeper for the cd-i on ebay. I'm disappointed to see that it doesn't look like it works on the games. I've tried it on Crime Patrol, Burn-Cycle, Escape from Cyber City and it's not calibrating right on any of them. I have one LED box that came with it that I set next to the system but the calibration is not working. Everytime I aim the gun at the screen the aim cursor is stuck on the lower area of the TV for the most part no matter where I aim the gun. Is there anyway I can fix this or are faulty peacekeepers possible to fix? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:03 pm

The Peacekeeper calibrates on the sensor box, so you need to put it in the bottom middle of the TV, or on the middle top of it. It's possible that daylight causes some interference, or candlelight, those are all other sources of infrared light. Try it in the dark, does that work better?

The Peacekeeper works the same way like the 'Wii remote' in that area.

qw4tt0r
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by qw4tt0r » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Also if I recall right, lightguns do not work on HDTVs.
So it could be that as well. ;)
Philips CDi 210, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, 3DS, N64, Game Cube, PS1, PSone, PS2, PS3 slim, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, PC.