Philips GamePad 22ER9017 PROBLEM!!

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
vNO
Burn:Cycle Activated

Philips GamePad 22ER9017 PROBLEM!!

Post by vNO » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:07 am

This gamepad ( Philips 22ER9017) is NOT working on my Cd-i 910, plugged in the front or the back. If anyone has an answer PLEASE RELPY!! Thank U..

irac4@hotmail.com
vNO

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:28 am

that gamepad was bundled with the 910, it should work, otherwise something is broken. Connect another controller (device...) to it, see if it works. If it does, it's your player which is faulty, otherwise it's your gamepad which is broken. Most likely it's just a missing contact.

vNO

Post by vNO » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:35 am

I don't own another gamepad or device, i'll just have to wait and see. Thank U for the advice!

davcrag

I have fixed several of these with the same problem

Post by davcrag » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:39 pm

Typically, the wire from the controller to the cd-i gets a short.
The wire was very frail. You can easily test if this is the case if you have a voltmeter. Open up the controller, run a continuity test from each solder joint to each individual pin. Chances are one of them has a short. Since you cant buy this cable any more or the end for that matter, telephone wire works great for this. It takes some delicate board soldering but it's not all that difficult.

Let me know how you make out.
Craig

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:08 am

did it use to work, or did you buy it as a loose device on ebay then?