Magnavox CD-I 550 Power Supply

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
triforceguardian
Burn:Cycle Activated

Magnavox CD-I 550 Power Supply

Post by triforceguardian » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:57 am

Hey,

I just recently aquired my first CD-I, a Magnavox 550. I only got the base unit. I have searched everywhere I can think of for a power cable, but I've never seen one that looks like this. Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to get one or anything? I would appreciate the help. I want to get this thing running so I can play my copy of Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil...

Thanks again,

Triforceguardian

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:27 am

Yeah you need the proper Power Brick for this console to run otherwise it's useless!!

Besides ebay somebody on these boards might have a spare for sale although i'm not sure if the Power Brick was NTSC/PAL specific, you'll have to watch out for that one.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:24 pm

The sticker on the power brick of my CD-i 450/05 says this:

Code: Select all

TYPE 20 PS 301/00
Accessory Number    22ER9156/00
12NC              022 729 15601
Serv Code Number  822 214 52166

INPUT:  100 - 240V AC    50 - 60 Hz
OUTPUT:  +5V DC   3.3A    16,5W MAX
         -5V DC   0.25A      2W MAX
And on the back of the player it says

Code: Select all

+5V 3A, -5V 0.2A, DC
In the manual (which you can find here) it says on page 9:
The power supply automatically adjusts to the local power voltage.
So I guess the power bricks aren't PAL/NTSC specific. :D

The plug on the cable is a standard RJ45 male (the same one found on the ends of UTP network cables). If all else fails, you could make your own power supply (don't know the pinouts but someone here might, or I could measure them for you).

triforceguardian
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by triforceguardian » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:47 am

I was contemplating making my own power supply, and this info gets me one step closer to that. I would really appreciate it if someone knew the pinouts and could post them for me or if you could measure them for me, cdifan, that would be great! Also if anyone has a Power Brick for sell, that would save me a great deal of trouble. Thanks again!

triforceguardian