L'affaire Morlov Game Page Updated

A community focused CD-i website since early 2001 The Black Moon Project has delivered diverse content. From a simple catalogue code to uncovering the lost CD-i Mario game of Nintendo fame in Super Mario's Wacky Worlds. Interviews, Articles and Game Guides are just a few of the resources available. If you have any comments on Black Moon then leave them here.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

L'affaire Morlov Game Page Updated

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:51 pm

The L'affaire Morlov game page on The Black Moon Project has been updated with a full scan of the European Retail Packaging. It seems that the CD-i version was released with the PC CD-ROM inlay covers, can anybody else confirm this? This may have been some sort of cost cutting strategy which wouldn't surprise me one bit!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:39 pm

Very true!

The manual has two inner pages dedicated to the cd-i version, and the disc itself has the letters CDI printed on it. That's it.... A very peculiar release, with no advertisements or anything. Even more peculiar as it is from Titus, known for lots of other nice games....

Does the game not hold any bibliographics?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Thanks for the info Bas! At least it's confirmed from another sorce now.

No the CD-i contains no relevant information on the disc at all which is a pity.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:26 pm

I had 5 of those discs all with a cd-rom booklet, which is the only version I've seen. One show up later on eBay after I sold it as ultra-rare edition because it was in a cd-rom booklet. I think it was claimed to be a pre-production sample or something like that :).

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:18 pm

I played this game a few weeks ago, just to write a review about it. I'm glad I found a walkthrough for it because I don't think I would've finished it without it. Not because it's hard, but because it's terribly bad! And as Bas wrote, the bugs in the English play-mode are unforgivable... Why isn't there a "sick" emoticon available???

Trev
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Trev » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Just out of curiousity, ho far into the game does the bug/bugs occur? I've read both at the start and in the middle.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:10 am

Hi Trev, that happens in the very beginning of the game (otherwise I would probably have never noticed it :)