Statement by Robin Keir - Programmer on Microcosm

A community focused CD-i website since early 2001 The Black Moon Project has delivered diverse content. From a simple catalogue code to uncovering the lost CD-i Mario game of Nintendo fame in Super Mario's Wacky Worlds. Interviews, Articles and Game Guides are just a few of the resources available. If you have any comments on Black Moon then leave them here.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Statement by Robin Keir - Programmer on Microcosm

Post by Devin » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:41 pm

A statement from the lead programmer of CD-i Microcosm, Robin Keir has been published in the articles section and can be found from the following link on The Black Moon Project. Kudos goes to Bas for researching this article and many thanks to Robin Keir for his insights. The article also includes a double page advertisement from the USA version of CD-i Magazine featuring a small mention of Microcosm on CD-i quoted as "Postively the best version period" apparently lifted from a magazine called Video Games. Read the statement yourself and draw your own conclusions!!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:13 pm

In addition for some speculation are his answers to questions about for how long the game was in development at the time it was cancelled. It appears Microcosm was for about 60% complete, and the game had been in development for around 6 months.

These six months amount of time is the same as for Rebel Assault. Although it is speculated this was just a big press release, i can't imagine there was nothing to show after 6 months of work...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:01 am

This is where the confusion has always been with CD-i Games Lists prior to Black Moon, Le Monde and Philipscdi.com, all these big press releases have leaked down so people assumed it was a released game!!

Microcosm intrigues me however becuase a reputable magazine called EDGE was very lyrical about the CD-i version of Microcosm indicating they did actually play a segment of the game. I wonder if Robin knew of any Press Demo created for the purpose of showing off the Digital Video technology in CD-i as an example of enhanced gaming on the platform?