The 7th Guest Game Page Updated

A community focused CD-i website since early 2001 The Black Moon Project has delivered diverse content. From a simple catalogue code to uncovering the lost CD-i Mario game of Nintendo fame in Super Mario's Wacky Worlds. Interviews, Articles and Game Guides are just a few of the resources available. If you have any comments on Black Moon then leave them here.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

The 7th Guest Game Page Updated

Post by Devin » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:54 pm

The 7th Guest game page on The Black Moon Project has been updated with a picture of the original PC styled Boxset release. It's said that these Boxsets were phased out pretty much as soon as they appeared due to pressure from retailers due to the lack of shelf space. More resources to follow tomorrow.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:09 am

excellent package! I was looking for a pic of this for ages, and you just had it!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:04 am

Bas wrote:excellent package! I was looking for a pic of this for ages, and you just had it!
I've done a reshoot of the photo to tone down the blurring on the side somewhat so that'll be updated tonight. Then i'll take a few shots of the package inside the box, might even do full scans of the boxset including the sides, top, bottom, back and front!! Found that doing these pictures in pitch blackness only using the flash of the camera gives fantastic results. Wonderfully clear pictures.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:33 pm

The 7th Guest game page on The Black Moon Project has been updated with an improved picture of the sealed boxset!! This one definately shows off the overall quality of the package, it's a shame we didn't see more like this. Come to think of it how many CD-i games actually had a boxset package, the only ones that come to mind besides The 7th Guest would be Mad Dog McCree and Peacekeeper Revolver Boxset, Cluedo... was that it?

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:28 am

I have a Burn:Cycle boxset, but that's the PC CD-ROM version.

And there's of course the Philips Standaard/Multimedia Encyclopedia and the Philips Medical Encyclopedia (both dutch titles) that came in boxes...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:18 am

I'd like to know if any other game boxsets exist (except the Spanish combo package) for specific titles.

I have some form of medical software in a boxset as well CD-i Fan although i'm sure it was English. Something to do with anatomy if I remember correctly. Burried in a box that'll have to dig up at a later date.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:12 am

Chaos Control, Burn:Cycle, International Tennis Open,

From these three games i have seen a same sized box for the cd-i packaging.

I think Litil Divil had one too, but i'm not sure anymore. It's been more than ten years since i had them in my own hands. From Chaos Control and Litil Divil there were also promotional boxes, around half the size of myself, same kind of box like these retail boxes.

Never seen them outside the Philips Store, though...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:44 pm

The 7th Guest game page on The Black Moon Project has been updated with an improved preview picture in the right hand column.

I never knew those releases had a boxed package, certainly hasn't ever passed by my eyes. Most be quite a rarity!!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:55 pm

if anyone is interested in a copy of this big box, i just spotted this on eBay here

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:11 pm

The UK ebay seems to be awash with these recently... at least I got a brand new sealed version :D