eBay auctions

Sell, trade or buy CD-i related items through this forum. All sales and trades are strictly private transactions, CDinteractive, Black Moon and the associated network accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at your own risk.
Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

eBay auctions

Post by Shroo-man » Thu May 22, 2008 3:08 pm

when I saw this auction I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread with links to auctions that other collectors may be interested in like other videogame forums

Drug Wars http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=016 - well below it's average price and only 6 hours to go. I remember this guy buying a copy from ttjembe for £47

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm

I also found german and fench local ebay sites are much cheaper than the .com and .co.uk sites. Plus they offer sometimes rare regional releases.

Only a few weeks back there was a copy of "Un Indien dans la Ville" on the french ebay, it sold for only a few euros! I bet most of you collectors are missing that one ;)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 am

I bet most collectors don't have these either ...

French long boxes: chaos control, secret mission and voyeur. in France they actually put decent games in long boxes unlike the USA ones.

couple more ebay auctions of interest:
brand new sealed Link: FoE - http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %26fvi%3D1
brand new sealed Scotland Yard Interactive - http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %26fvi%3D1

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon May 26, 2008 6:46 am

That was not only in France, I think. I've seen here long boxes as well like those of 7th Guest and Chaos Control. Also Litil Divil and Merlin's Apprentice I've seen in a carton box (and no, not the cd-rom version which was in a big box as well). It seems like they scrapped this later on or something. After 1993 all long boxes were gone. Our newspaper reported this was due to the shops who didn't want to buy new shelves to hold the big CD-i formats. So it was either change the format to regular formats or the shops didn't want to sell CD-i.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon May 26, 2008 8:00 am

the 7th guest is the PC version box I think not a long box. I'm not sure though because I don't own these I just stole the photo from an eBay auction. Ah I thought it was only in France because Chaos Control has French writing on it. You say the long boxes were discontinued in 1993? thats interesting because Secret Mission was released 1996.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon May 26, 2008 9:04 am

Chaos Control was published in 1995 so perhaps France was indeed an exception. My only sources are newspapers so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a different reason for discontinuing them. I find them very interesting though, I've never seen the big box of Secret Mission (except for the CD-ROM version)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 am

Bas wrote:I also found german and fench local ebay sites are much cheaper than the .com and .co.uk sites. Plus they offer sometimes rare regional releases.
there are fewer bidders on the regional sites but euro are still a very expensive currency, or at least it is for us 60 EURO = 100 AUS$! on the other hand US dollars are nearly as worthless as Australian $. on ebay.com these days there is very little demand and also very little available, so prices are actually pretty good. Here is a zelda's adventure for sale on US ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

very cheap at the moment much definately cheaper than if it was on ebay.co.uk. i'm sure it will end cheap too at least compared to it's average UK price (80 pounds!!)
Last edited by Shroo-man on Wed May 28, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed May 28, 2008 1:18 am

Bas wrote:Chaos Control was published in 1995 so perhaps France was indeed an exception. My only sources are newspapers so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a different reason for discontinuing them. I find them very interesting though, I've never seen the big box of Secret Mission (except for the CD-ROM version)
speaking of French boxes check out what I just got in the mail.

have you ever seen one of these Bas? its not a long box game, it seems like a promotional box.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed May 28, 2008 6:51 am

very nice catch! You mean it wasn't meant for sale? I've seen those 'promotional boxes' in the Philips shop from the likes of "Litil Divil" and "Chaos Control". Those boxes were larger than the retail carton boxes, right? Very nice, I'd love to have those ;)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed May 28, 2008 4:53 pm

nah I just mean its in a fancy box to help advertise the game. I haven't seen the promotional box of litil divil and chaos control so I can't say. also the "retail carton boxes" you mention, what ones are those?

greenday
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by greenday » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:04 am

Ive never spotted a gold star 370 b4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PORTABLE-PHILIPS- ... 286.c0.m14

Nice bag as well.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:04 am

Nice pictures! I remember the good gamgator once sold one of these, and I also saved the pic, But these are much better! I'd never spend so much money on something like this, but maybe you will? Or anyone who visits this place?

greenday
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by greenday » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 am

Not a hope of me spending £300 on a 370 ! ive got the Philips one anyway :lol: He says the battery work though so thats a big bonus.