To emulate or not??

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
RCduck7
Burn:Cycle Activated

To emulate or not??

Post by RCduck7 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi there, this is my first post here and i have a few questions about emulating the CD-i.
while googling for CD-i emulators i read things about only 1 game that worked or you got to have the original hardware to get the roms to from the CD-i backport to emulate.
My main goal is to play the original software (that i will propably buy from ebay or something) like the zelda games, 7th guest and Burn:Cycle on an emulator on my PC or even maybe on my modded xbox (that has a few emulators allready) if that is possible.
I'm new to the CD-i emulator side of things so could someone please enlighten me on what's possibe and what not??

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:03 am

You'd do best by browsing the topics in the emulator forum, start by reading the CD-i Emulator Home and the posts under the CD-i Emulator tab at Interactive Dreams

Tekkenlord

Post by Tekkenlord » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi this is my first post here too and actually im a huge fan of emulation, till two days ago i didnt give a shi*** about cdi emulation sice the cdi was such a lame and pathetic system but since i was kinda bored from all the great emulators of all the other great systems i was updating my hard disk containing emualtors and shi** anyway i was browsing one of the pages of great emulation i frequently visit and saw a CDI section!!! can u belive it? and thought oh my!! oh my did someone really emulated this piece of shi***??? dude lets try it on, and i ended up in this page downloading the limited emulator, its a good work actually of course comparing to the other cdi emulators around, oh wait theres no other cdi emulators around, but hey it was really cool and fun to see how the crap didnt work with any of the games i found one of them a chess game (by the way did i mention it was a chess game) but hey i had fun actually, so lets get on to answering you the big questions

u want to play the original games of this crappy system then go on dude!! even in my country (im from mexico by the way) u can find in some things we call "tianguis" markets on wheels this funny shi** of cd-i and a lot of its crappy games for around what? twenty thirty bucks? (like 300 hundred pesos) and in really good shape, never bought one myself cuz im not much into buying crap but hey who knows maybe someday ill do it and buy it (if i buyed a virtual boy with like the only fifteen games that came out why not this crap too?) and pile it over with all my trash the virtual boy, the jaguar, and all those crappy systems you find for less tan twenty bucks at least in my country. so my advice to you is THAT if you want to play this really funny system (specially the zelda games they look gorgeus, kinda remind me of the games i have now in my cell phone)

the other question how do you play this system on your xbox? thats easy dude!!! just buy the shi* at the prices i told u (please dont pay more) and tape it in top of your xbox so when u carry around the xbox u can carry arround the cdi too? cool aint it? u never thought of that i bet

and for your last bust most tricky question what is posible and what is not with this great emulator well im not an expert here but from what i have read and see in the forums its posible that this emulator never works, at least not in the mankind time, and its possible you loose your money by paying them for the unlimited time emulator that doesnt work thats possible of course but whats not possible is that people that actually do the emulators for real i mean david haywood from mame el semi and all that guys that are so stupid to do their work for FREE (did i say for free?) and that have updated all their emus like a thousand times in the past mmm ten years? well its not possible that any of them at any point in their god blessed lives CARE making an emulator for this god forgoten system beacuse they are too busy making emulators for systems that actually matters, so thats whats possible and thats whats not hope that helped you. cheers

oh i leave you with one of the says we call them "refranes" in my country that goes like

"La verdad nunca duele.... pero como chinga" that translated is

"The truth never hurts ... but how it fucks"

RCduck7

Post by RCduck7 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:01 am

Tekkenlord wrote:Hi this is my first post here too and actually im a huge fan of emulation, till two days ago i didnt give a shi*** about cdi emulation sice the cdi was such a lame and pathetic system but since i was kinda bored from all the great emulators of all the other great systems i was updating my hard disk containing emualtors and shi** anyway i was browsing one of the pages of great emulation i frequently visit and saw a CDI section!!! can u belive it? and thought oh my!! oh my did someone really emulated this piece of shi***??? dude lets try it on, and i ended up in this page downloading the limited emulator, its a good work actually of course comparing to the other cdi emulators around, oh wait theres no other cdi emulators around, but hey it was really cool and fun to see how the crap didnt work with any of the games i found one of them a chess game (by the way did i mention it was a chess game) but hey i had fun actually, so lets get on to answering you the big questions

u want to play the original games of this crappy system then go on dude!! even in my country (im from mexico by the way) u can find in some things we call "tianguis" markets on wheels this funny shi** of cd-i and a lot of its crappy games for around what? twenty thirty bucks? (like 300 hundred pesos) and in really good shape, never bought one myself cuz im not much into buying crap but hey who knows maybe someday ill do it and buy it (if i buyed a virtual boy with like the only fifteen games that came out why not this crap too?) and pile it over with all my trash the virtual boy, the jaguar, and all those crappy systems you find for less tan twenty bucks at least in my country. so my advice to you is THAT if you want to play this really funny system (specially the zelda games they look gorgeus, kinda remind me of the games i have now in my cell phone)

the other question how do you play this system on your xbox? thats easy dude!!! just buy the shi* at the prices i told u (please dont pay more) and tape it in top of your xbox so when u carry around the xbox u can carry arround the cdi too? cool aint it? u never thought of that i bet

and for your last bust most tricky question what is posible and what is not with this great emulator well im not an expert here but from what i have read and see in the forums its posible that this emulator never works, at least not in the mankind time, and its possible you loose your money by paying them for the unlimited time emulator that doesnt work thats possible of course but whats not possible is that people that actually do the emulators for real i mean david haywood from mame el semi and all that guys that are so stupid to do their work for FREE (did i say for free?) and that have updated all their emus like a thousand times in the past mmm ten years? well its not possible that any of them at any point in their god blessed lives CARE making an emulator for this god forgoten system beacuse they are too busy making emulators for systems that actually matters, so thats whats possible and thats whats not hope that helped you. cheers

oh i leave you with one of the says we call them "refranes" in my country that goes like

"La verdad nunca duele.... pero como chinga" that translated is

"The truth never hurts ... but how it fucks"
Well, you did at least take the time, or should i say wasted some time writing this huge post here on you call a pathetic system.
That's at least more time then i did spend on the system.
(i yet have to see the links Bas gave me)
Like you say, i have also a pile of consoles like the jaguar, amiga CD32, virtual boy and other mediocre systems.
Sometimes becausse it's worth for that 1 or 2 games that are special on that system or just out of curiosity or even for a laugh on some badly aged games.
If it wasn't for the battery issue on the cd-i console i might buy one if i would come across one that is cheap.
I'm just curious in playing that few CD-i games that didn't make it on other systems (pc not included).
Your read was certainly a good laugh but no i won't tape the games on the xbox. :lol:
It's just that emulation on an xbox is a more convenient way of playing games by sitting in your couch in front of a telly instead in front of keyboard and pc screen.
You should try it if you haven't allready. :wink:

http://xport.xbox-scene.com/frame.html

It's like having the Wii's virtual console in your home but with 20+ more consoles and tenthousends of games to play on for free!
And no you won't have to carry all the games around nor will it make your xbox heavier, how clever is that?? :)

There's a saying in my country...

"De appel valt niet ver van de boom"

It's not easy to translate so you could understand it in english but it basicly says that your not that different, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Greetz from Belgium.

RCduck7

Post by RCduck7 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Bas wrote:You'd do best by browsing the topics in the emulator forum, start by reading the CD-i Emulator Home and the posts under the CD-i Emulator tab at Interactive Dreams
There was activity on the emulator project since march here one http://cdii.blogspot.com/search/label/CD-i%20Emulator and i hope i will be able to play cd-i software easely on an emulator some day.

Maturion

Post by Maturion » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Just to correct this guy above:

CD-i Emulator is not the only CD-i emulator out there. There does exist another emulator called "CDice". This emulator supports only one game, as the developer stopped the development in a very early stage.

"De appel valt niet ver van de boom
Hah, in my country they say:

"Der Apfel fällt nicht weit vom Baum." :)

Tekkenlord

Post by Tekkenlord » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:34 am

Maturion wrote:Just to correct this guy above:

CD-i Emulator is not the only CD-i emulator out there. There does exist another emulator called "CDice". This emulator supports only one game, as the developer stopped the development in a very early stage.

"De appel valt niet ver van de boom
Hah, in my country they say:

Uuups then i must correct by saying that this "emulator" is as BAD as the "others" emulators around, maybe the other developer stopped the development when he thinked twice and said "damn! what the hell am i wasting my time with? lets play MAME... the hell with this"

xD

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Maturion wrote:Hah, in my country they say:

Actually, they say "Der Apfel fällt nicht weit vom Stamm." :lol: