photo-cd burning software

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

photo-cd burning software

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:19 am

what software do you guys use when burning a photo-cd for CD-i? I have Nero but it doesn't do photo-cds and I am having trouble finding software that does

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:55 am

I find Photo CD's to be very clumsy and slow, so I never make those. When I used to experiment on what is possible to do a slideshow on CD-i, I made a Video CD containing only stills that were actually just menu pages. I made those with Nero and find them far superior comparing to original Photo CD's.

The good thing is that these types are both playable in a CD-i player and a DVD player. AND these discs are much faster. The downside is that the resolution is a bit lower :)

So to your question: I've read something on the internet about how to create a Photo CD. Read about it here

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Re: photo-cd burning software

Post by oaacdi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 pm

I follow the instructions for PCD Create from http://tedfelix.com/PhotoCD/PCDMakeYourOwn.html Time consuming, but anything to keep feeding my CD-i!

Shroo-man wrote:what software do you guys use when burning a photo-cd for CD-i? I have Nero but it doesn't do photo-cds and I am having trouble finding software that does