Would you play a Mode 7 style racer?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 am

Alan_Eng wrote:My highest score on Frog Feast is now 62! Still loving this game.
Hehe. nice job.

There has been some development on a new title, but I'll wait until I can actually show something....

Hint: Chaos Tayoko. (Tnat's about as generic as I can be).
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:06 am

Here's a tough question for you Charles...

Would you say that the Philips cd-i is now your favourite old skool console to develop on?

What I personally love about the cd-i is that it has been a pioneer for the next gen consoles but is totally unique in it's own right. I wish Philips had stuck with it for longer.

Keep in touch.

Alan

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Alan_Eng wrote: Would you say that the Philips cd-i is now your favourite old skool console to develop on?
I don't know that I really have a favorite console to develop on. The CDi is fun do develop for because of the challenges that must be overcome to create something playable. Many other game systems (FM Towns, Neo Geo, Sega Genesis, SNES, etc.) were a bigger part of my past though. I discovered the CDi system later. I have been interested in developing for the CDi, since David Tucker started posting about it. It is probably the longest I've waited to develop for a system.

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Tue May 06, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi Charles, Devin, Bas + everyone

Just wanted to share something with you. I go onto 'Wikipedia' quite a lot, and typed in cd-i. A nice article there. But there's a link to the cd-i games available for it and it's bang up to date, featuring 'Frog Feast' and get this... 'Cannone' (in development). How cool is that?

Alan

yokohama
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by yokohama » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Last edited by yokohama on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:13 am

yokohama wrote:I have searching about it and I found that Chaos Tayoko is a pixel artist. In a gallery I found this picture:
This was what I was looking into:
http://www.drunkencoders.com/tayoko/bundle.htm

But, I couldn't make it happen.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 am

hmmm.... But did you do anything on CD-i in the past months? What are your plans for the future?

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Ahh, I remember how hard Pixel art was, when I spent my spare time ripping/modding and making GameBoy Rom character tile sets and making RPGMaker character sets, need the patience of a Shaolin Monk to be able to stick with an making them from scratch for an entire title on your own. But the work on that site does look good.

Anyway back ontopic, would love to see something new and as fun on the CDi front soon, eaven though I have been vacant from the forum and scene for a while, damn life.

yokohama

Post by yokohama » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:49 pm

Last edited by yokohama on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saturndual32

Post by saturndual32 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:17 am

Hi,
is there a place with info on the CDi homebrew scene?, or somewere were i can read some tech talk from CDi programers, its not like i would understand much, but i find tech talk pretty interesting, and even more interesting if its about CDi.
By the way, cdoty, could you tell us what you think about CDi, FM Towns Marty and CD32, there isnt much technical info to be found in the web about those consoles, and since you have coded the 3 of them...