Rare and sought after game and discs?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
mrpunch
Burn:Cycle Activated

Rare and sought after game and discs?

Post by mrpunch » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:42 am

I bought myself a CD-i this week and I wondering what are the rarest and most saught after games and discs? If someone could make a top-ten or a list, I'd appreciate it.

And is it possible to pick up CD-i games in charity shops, second-hand shops or car-boot sales? Always perfered real-life shoping to eBaying, just wondering if it was worth keeping an eye out?

Thanks,

Mr. Punch

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:49 am

Ofcourse that's possible. I bought Zelda's Adventure a few weeks back for 2 euros. Pretty cheap in a second hand store!

I'll give it a shot:

1. Zelda's Adventure
2. Solar Crusade
3. Creature Shock
4. The Lost Ride
5. Atlantis: The Last Resort
6. De Zaam van Sam
7. The Last Bounty Hunter
8. The Telesmurfer
9. Shaolin's Road
10. Brain Dead 13

I guess that will leave enough space for discussion :)

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:19 am

lucky you guys living in a country where CD-i was released. I love hunting games at flea markets and the such but I'll never find anything CD-i in the wild. anyway this is my attempt at the list, I think rare and sought after are 2 different things so I made 2 lists. what sought after is I think it means what people are willing to pay the most for. so I have the average eBay price in brackets next to the sought after games.

top10 rare

10. The Lost Ride
9. French Games (Big Bang Show, Les Guignols de L'Info, Un Indien dans la Ville)
8. Whack a Bubble
7. De Zaak van Sam
6. Swedish Games (Alfapet, Foqus)
5. German Games (BMP Puzzle, Hieroglyph, Magic Eraser)
4. Go
3. Teleportaschtroumpf
2. Solar Crusade - never seen a copy of this for sale
1. Japanese Games (Cyber Soldier Sharaku, Golgo 13, Mah-jong)

top10 sought after

10. Atlantis the Last Resort (£12)
9. Creature Shock (£14)
8. Braindead 13 (£19)
7. Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold (£19)
6. Crime Patrol (£23)
5. Shaolin's Road (£26)
4. Lost Ride, The (£28 )
3. Last Bounty Hunter (£30)
2. Drug Wars (£33)
1. Zelda's Adventure (£80)

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi everyone

In my opinion, the rarest cd-i game of all has to be ''What's it Worth?''. I know this was released, but have NEVER seen the full released version on e-bay in nearly 7 years.

Also, cd-i magazine stated that ''The Secret name of Ra'' was released in Germany. Have never seen that either.

P.A.W.S is also extremely rare.

Happy New Year!

Alan

mrpunch
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by mrpunch » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:16 am

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll know what to keep an eye out for now :-)

Mr. Punch

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:30 am

features Quizzes, so I guess there is a game in there somewhere

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Yes Thomas, that's a rare one. I've rarely seen it on ebay. Have you played it? What's it like?

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Yes, Kiss is a rare title. Other rare quiz type games are ''Sail to Win'', 'Goal', ''Total Euro '96'' and 'Wimbledon Challenge'' (which sold recently on e-bay for £32.00).

Another very hard to find game is ''Making the Grade'' which was only available through special order. De Zaak Van Sam was exclusive to members of the cd-i Gold Club.

Does anyone have ''Secret Name of Ra''? or 'What's it worth?'' - I'd be interested to know!

Alan

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 am

I've wanted Making the Grade for ages but never seen it. Though I thought it was a professional title so I never counted it as a normal game. Would it be considered an exclusive to UK?

Another really rare game is a Portuguese one Bas mentioned on his website - Renault: Hora de Verão. I doubt much people would have that one. Does anyone know anything about it? All I could find was this...
Renault, Hour of Summer, game ordered for the Régie Renault, inside of the strategy advertising executive “Hour of Summer”, with distribution of the record for all the concessionaires of that firm automobile.
translated from http://www.citi.pt/multimedia/cdi.html

Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Alan_Eng » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi Shroo-man

Yes 'Making the Grade' is exclusive to the UK - it was made by BP (British Petroleum) and is a game a bit like 'Theme Park' or 'Virtual Hospital' - you have to run a business from scratch (A Polyethlene Plant) and overcome several obstacles along the way. How much profit you make determines whether you are asked to stay on as General Manager.

Although time consuming, it is one of my favourite games and uses the cd-i power to the max - tons and tons of DV. If I ever see it you'll be the first to know.

Zenith is another great game but rare nowadays.

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Post by oaacdi » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:52 am

Zenith is pure fun!
Alan_Eng wrote:Hi Shroo-man

Zenith is another great game but rare nowadays.

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:06 pm

Alan_Eng wrote:Yes 'Making the Grade' is exclusive to the UK - it was made by BP (British Petroleum) and is a game a bit like 'Theme Park' or 'Virtual Hospital' - you have to run a business from scratch (A Polyethlene Plant) and overcome several obstacles along the way. How much profit you make determines whether you are asked to stay on as General Manager.

Although time consuming, it is one of my favourite games and uses the cd-i power to the max - tons and tons of DV.
Hi. That sounds like a really engrossing game. I reckon it would definitely be one of my favourites as well if i had played it. I love Theme Park and most of the Sim games. Especially the more complex and technical ones such as SimIsle.
Alan_Eng wrote: If I ever see it you'll be the first to know.
Thanks Alan, that would be great!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 am

Find out more about Making the Grade here. I also want an original copy!

Alan, as you're probably the only one who has this title, would you mind taking a few screenshots of the gameplay? Just to give an impression?

thomas
Softech Recruit

Post by thomas » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Bas wrote:Yes Thomas, that's a rare one. I've rarely seen it on ebay. Have you played it? What's it like?
sorry, i never even booted it up yet :-)

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 pm

thomas wrote:Image

features Quizzes, so I guess there is a game in there somewhere
I've managed to snag this from a bundle (Without buying the bundle) for £4 + £1.50 postage

Is that cheap for this title?