hmmmmmmm

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

hmmmmmmm

Post by cdiplayer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 am

How hard would it be to port over Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine to cdi?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:36 am

I would clap my hands if you can do it :lol:

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am

It think it may require a good C knowledge.
Memory management is also mportant on a old machine.

I hope programming isn't different on a CISC machine that programming on RISC ones. At high level I mean.

Seb
Softech Recruit

Post by Seb » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:35 pm

I'm not all to technical but if I remember right those games had multi layered backgrounds that scrolled, and quite fast too, and a bunch of sprites on different layers on the foreground. Can the CD-i handle that?
Check out my YouTube channel for some CD-i reviews!

LuigiBlood
Softech Recruit

Post by LuigiBlood » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:57 pm

The CDi can handle a fixed background, you can do like the PC version, since it's all about a pointer.
I'm french, so sometimes my english can be wrong.

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:07 pm

LuigiBlood wrote:The CDi can handle a fixed background, you can do like the PC version, since it's all about a pointer.
Well as far as Mario is Missing goes I was hoping to port over a possibly watered down Snes version since I want to avoid the pc version for the obvious Weegee jokes that would follow

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Bas wrote:I would clap my hands if you can do it :lol:
I think I can do it since I would have the help of a former cdi programmer aka that guy I was talking to. He says he could help me

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 am

Okay well I am starting work on the port by first doing the animated cutscenes. I need voice actors who can do a good imitation of Hotel Mario voices

opt_fr_
Softech Recruit

Post by opt_fr_ » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 am

Great ! I would help you if I didn't have my exams now ...

LuigiBlood
Softech Recruit

Post by LuigiBlood » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:15 pm

cdiplayer wrote:
LuigiBlood wrote:The CDi can handle a fixed background, you can do like the PC version, since it's all about a pointer.
Well as far as Mario is Missing goes I was hoping to port over a possibly watered down Snes version since I want to avoid the pc version for the obvious Weegee jokes that would follow
I didn't say you could use Weegee, you can still use the Luigi from SMW for the PC port. But you decide.
Also, will be a french version of the game ?
For the french version, i have some voices.

EDIT:You can still use the voices from Mario is Missing Deluxe, and Mario's Time Machine Deluxe, and i have CDs of them so i can get the voices without having music in the way.

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:33 pm

LuigiBlood wrote:
cdiplayer wrote:
I didn't say you could use Weegee, you can still use the Luigi from SMW for the PC port. But you decide.
Also, will be a french version of the game ?
For the french version, i have some voices.

EDIT:You can still use the voices from Mario is Missing Deluxe, and Mario's Time Machine Deluxe, and i have CDs of them so i can get the voices without having music in the way.
oh if you could get those voices that would be nice. And yes there will be a French version

LuigiBlood
Softech Recruit

Post by LuigiBlood » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Do you have a MSN ?
It would be easier for me to talk about it, and giving you the voices (i didn't rip it yet but i will).

cdiplayer
Softech Recruit

Post by cdiplayer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 am

LuigiBlood wrote:Do you have a MSN ?
It would be easier for me to talk about it, and giving you the voices (i didn't rip it yet but i will).
Pm sent!

CD-inexperience
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by CD-inexperience » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:49 pm

This would be great!