odd expirience...

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Frustrated
Burn:Cycle Activated

odd expirience...

Post by Frustrated » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:54 pm

I just hooked up my cd-i using an RF switch for the first time today, and also plugged in a converter that allowed me to use a sega genesis 6 button controller, also first time. I played the first level in mega maze to test it, and it worked, so i decided i'd have some fun with wand of gamelon. i put in the disc, and turned it on, and my player sudedenly brought me to the save screen. This is VERY odd, since my battery and timekeeper have been dead since i got my player. Then it told me something even weirder... Your memory is full. then i saw the weirdest thing ever: there was a save there :shock: . Mega Maze dosn't save on the hardrive, and the only time i ever saved was with zelda once to test to see te save didn't work (that save was deleted).

So the save was titeled something like asf, saved on feburary 1st 2000. It took up 2.2%, but my player said 4% was used up.I turned it on just a minute after this, and everything worked perfectly. I also just schecked, and asf is gone. What could have happened here?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: odd expirience...

Post by Devin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Frustrated wrote:Your memory is full. then i saw the weirdest thing ever.
I experience this upon waking oddly enough! :wink:

Don't know the answer to this one, just blame Gremlins in your system. Either that or you are going insane, I'd prefer the former :D

BloodShed
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: odd expirience...

Post by BloodShed » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am

Frustrated wrote:So the save was titeled something like asf, saved on feburary 1st 2000. It took up 2.2%, but my player said 4% was used up.I turned it on just a minute after this, and everything worked perfectly. I also just schecked, and asf is gone. What could have happened here?
It sounds to me like a garbage "save" due to corrupted memory. Especially if your Timekeeper is already dead like you mentioned, it seems plausible to me. I'm no CD-i tech expert, so that's just my best guess.