Shadowgate for CD-i?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
metalsphere
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by metalsphere » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:39 am

Below is the list of games that I will be getting next week, some good, some bad. A few of them are already scanned on Black Moon, but the majority are not. Hopefully someone will find the scans usefull.

Arcade Classics, Little Monster at School, A Visit to Sesame Street (Letters), A visit to Sesame Street (Numbers), Mystic Midway Phantom Express, Striker Pro, Cartoon Carnival, 7th Guest, Hotel Mario, Space Ace, Voyeur, Dark Castle, 3rd Degree, Caesars World of Boxing, NFL Hall of Fame Football, Palm Springs OPen, International Tennis Open, Backgammon, Mystic Midway Rest in Pieces, Tetris, Escape from Cybercity, Power Hitter, Video Speedway, A Beginner's Guide to Rock Guitar, Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia, Jigsaw, and Treasures Of The Smithsonian.
"All great truths begin as blasphemies." - George Bernard Shaw

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:46 pm

metalsphere wrote:Below is the list of games that I will be getting next week, some good, some bad. A few of them are already scanned on Black Moon, but the majority are not. Hopefully someone will find the scans usefull.

Arcade Classics, Little Monster at School, A Visit to Sesame Street (Letters), A visit to Sesame Street (Numbers), Mystic Midway Phantom Express, Striker Pro, Cartoon Carnival, 7th Guest, Hotel Mario, Space Ace, Voyeur, Dark Castle, 3rd Degree, Caesars World of Boxing, NFL Hall of Fame Football, Palm Springs OPen, International Tennis Open, Backgammon, Mystic Midway Rest in Pieces, Tetris, Escape from Cybercity, Power Hitter, Video Speedway, A Beginner's Guide to Rock Guitar, Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia, Jigsaw, and Treasures Of The Smithsonian.
Nice lot of stuff, Jigsaw sticks out as an uncommon title. I'd like to have full cover scans and a manual of that one first :D

Has some interesting history attached to Jigsaw, check out the Silas Warner statement here

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Post by oaacdi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:55 pm

This site also lists Deja Vu and Deja Vu II for the CD-i!
http://www.uk.playright.dk/platform.php?id=40

metalsphere wrote: This one makes it look like both Shadowgate and Deja Vu 2 were released for the CD-i...
http://www.if-legends.org/~adventure/IC ... Shadowgate

these pages just kind of "hint" at it...
http://www.gamewinners.com/CDI/Shadowgate.htm
http://www.stageselect.com/games/game.aspx?gameid=5495
http://smigleys.talkspot.com/aspx/templ ... sgId=73179

I would pay just about any price for a really good CD-I version of Shadowgate.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:06 pm

What happens a lot is that websites copy each others software list...

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:24 pm

No kiddin' :)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:30 pm

On the whole outside the CD-i community other websites that make a token effort in a CD-i section use the numerous lists of CD-i software that are entirely inaccurate. Philipscdi.com should finally resolve this longterm issue, otherwise you'll have me to answer to :roll:

Vance

Post by Vance » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Sorry to rez a third page thread.

Er... correct. As the webmaster at Reflex Gamer I simply copied another list for CD-i software, seeing as none of my staff have ever had any experience with the system. We've been trying to patch up our knowledge (one aim is to create a good history of gaming) but unfortunately from the 3DO back you have a massive black hole of information on the less successful systems.

I'll look into it, and keep in mind that like any system, the CD-i had prototype software that never made it to shelves. It's possible Shadowgate was in the works, or at least in the planning stages. This could mean any number of things.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:29 pm

The Black Moon Project: Games Archive

Still needs a few corrections but at least no unreleased games are included in the above listing on Black Moon. I need to add a few titles and take away a couple of Monty Python entries which are in fact VCD type interactive titles rather than straight games.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:11 am

Don't hold your hands up believing ICOM was developing 5 cd-i games with none of them being released in the end. Perhaps they were on the drawing board or one of them got into some development time. These base-case titles should be relatively easy to convert, but in the end - well who knows... I don't believe in any shadowgate proto.

Vance

Post by Vance » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:16 am

Yeah, the only possiblity there is that they were developing late in the game, the system started to decline, and they bailed. Not very likely, but it shouldn't be completely discounted.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:18 am

I reckon these games were CD-ROM or Amiga originals? If someone can post some credits we could track down the people and ask them....

Vance

Post by Vance » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:00 am

Already e-mailed the current copyright holder. They don't seem to like the idea of people contacting them, though. It took a bit of work to find a phone number and the answering machine was pretty utilitarian.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:29 pm

Any luck, Vance?

Could be an interesting intake for something we never knew...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

wake up!

Post by Bas » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:59 am

Again, has anyone ever played another version of Deja Vu, Uninvited, or any other ICOM/Mindscape game? I want to see the credits of these games so we can try to contact the developer. If anyone knows something about the CD-i conversion, it would be them.

Captain J
Softech Recruit

Post by Captain J » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:09 pm

keeping up with the topic, i was looking through the cd-i catalog that came with the long box version of dark castle and on page 8 noticed the two listings for deja vu and uninvited, i scanned them in

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!