cd-i 210 disk reading problems

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
ololo
Burn:Cycle Activated

cd-i 210 disk reading problems

Post by ololo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:04 pm

hello

my 210 cd-i recently started to have some problems with disks. i press start button, insert disk and "--:--" starts blinking on lcd. i tried to remove cover and i saw that at this moment disk stops spinning. if you open/close tray, lcd shows "ERR". after few on/off cycles, cd-i suddenly recognises disk, and game can be played (maybe with some "please clean disk" errors or without any, this is random)

i've read older topics and it seems possible reasons are either laser or battery.

however, cd-i reads audio cds very well, you insert audio cd and immedeately it is recognised and music can be played. i've never seen any errors with audio cds. so maybe laser is ok?

as for the possible battery problem, it also must cause corrupted savegames, but i dont have any.

so what can be the reason of this malfunction? any ideas?

xalalalala
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by xalalalala » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 pm

laser calibration problems. The best solution is to open the system and calibrate the laser with a small screwdriver. The easiest solution is to simply leave the system on four about 30 minutes before inserting any disc and that should do the trick.

Good luck