Japanese Development

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
CRV
Burn:Cycle Activated

Japanese Development

Post by CRV » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Anybody have any info or links to info about Japanese CD-i titles?

I operate GDRI :: Game Developer Research Institute. I've run into a few Japanese contract developers that worked on CD-i stuff.

- I found someone who worked on an untitled golf game at Cream.

- Atelier Double worked on Mystic Midway (all programming), Saitou Yuki Anniversary (all programming), and Tokyo Shiritsu Gakuen Juken Guide (all authoring). I thought Mystic Midway was developed in the West. And what IS authoring?

- Opera House's website lists "Vincent Van Gogh," "Las Vegas," and Cartoon Jukebox. I figured Harvest of the Sun and Cartoon Jukebox were developed in the West, so I don't know what Opera House would have done on those. I wonder if Las Vegas refers to the unreleased Deja Vu 2: Lost in Las Vegas.

Thanks.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Re: Japanese Development

Post by Devin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm

CRV wrote:Anybody have any info or links to info about Japanese CD-i titles?
Bas would know better than me about the Japanese side of things, check his blog... interactive Dreams
CRV wrote:I operate GDRI :: Game Developer Research Institute. I've run into a few Japanese contract developers that worked on CD-i stuff.

- I found someone who worked on an untitled golf game at Cream.

- Atelier Double worked on Mystic Midway (all programming), Saitou Yuki Anniversary (all programming), and Tokyo Shiritsu Gakuen Juken Guide (all authoring). I thought Mystic Midway was developed in the West. And what IS authoring?

- Opera House's website lists "Vincent Van Gogh," "Las Vegas," and Cartoon Jukebox. I figured Harvest of the Sun and Cartoon Jukebox were developed in the West, so I don't know what Opera House would have done on those. I wonder if Las Vegas refers to the unreleased Deja Vu 2: Lost in Las Vegas.
All interesting stuff, thanks for the links. No clue on the golf game, however Mystic Midway is western developed, at a guess I'd suggest Atelier Double handled the regional conversion of the game. Authoring I would take as programming. Also Harvest of the Sun and Cartoon Jukebox are all western developed titles. As for Las Vegas your guess is as good as mine!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Nice, CRV! Everything I found on Japanese CD-i stuff you can read on Interactive Dreams, try search on 'Japan' or 'Japanese' and you'll find coverage of Golgo 13, Sharaku, Artspace, as well as japanese cd-i boxarts.