Interesting article..

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Alan_Eng
Karmic Church Disciple

Interesting article..

Post by Alan_Eng » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi everyone

Check out this interesting cd-i article. Apologies if you have already seen it..

http://themagicrobot.wordpress.com/category/cdi/

some stupid japanese name
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by some stupid japanese name » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Not to seem rude, but I didn't find it all that interesting. I could have written it with my pathetic CD-i knowledge.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:04 am

The article states
The Philips CDi was the next step on from VCD.
which is factually wrong, as CD-i predates VideoCD for several years.

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 am

I agree that it wasn't particularly interesting as far as being historically accurate (I don't think it was meant to be), but it's nice to see someone reminiscing about it in a good way, if you know what I mean.

some stupid japanese name
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by some stupid japanese name » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:54 am

eh. I've been a fan of 3DO, Jaguar, and CDi for years. I'm used to seeing these platforms get mocked endlessly in the press. To be honest, I'd rather see them get talked about on an IGN Worst Console Ever piece than to have been completely forgotten and never mentioned again. I know of more than a few people who went out and purchased these machines because of how much the mainstream said they sucked. Most of them saw through the rhetoric and found that there were a few gems on each system after all.
Any publicity is good publicity imo.