error message cdi 220

If you encounter any problems with your CD-i system or have difficulty operating some software for CD-i then post your problems here. With help from the CD-i community and the vast resources hosted on the CDinteractive network we should be able to solve any trouble your experiencing.
prabmire
Burn:Cycle Activated

error message cdi 220

Post by prabmire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Hey all my immaculate looking fully boxed CDi is a dud, well i think it is! someone please help me! the drive sometimes sticks needs a bit of help opening closing etc but that doesnt bother me, its the fact that with whatever disc i insert i get "error" on the little LCD screen on the front of the unit, i don't know whats causing it, so far i've only tried audio cd's as i'm yet to acquire CDi games

Prab

prabmire

Post by prabmire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Could it be the dish needs lifting, read it on another thread? that and maybe using a few good elastic bands to sort out the tray issue

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

This video (posted in a different thread on here) may or may not be useful (It's for the 470 but may give you some ideas).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJR2S1jAyik

Essentially you want to take out the CDROM drive and lube the motors etc and clean the laser to resolve this... I'm no expert though and not had to do this myself on any players I've owned.

prabmire

Post by prabmire » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Repaired it today, well half repaired it i lifted the bit that spins the discs ever so slightly and it works now, eventually if i can be bothered i will replace the NV ram but i need to replace the drive belt that opens and closes the door as mine is loose and worn, still at least i know it works properly now :)