New CDI

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
rivarossi
Burn:Cycle Activated

New CDI

Post by rivarossi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Hello, friends of this wonderful object, I would very much like the
CDI could be reborn in a new version, maybe backward compatible with
the previous console. I live in Monza, close to home that Philips
produced many games cdi. You could do a collection of requests
I could present to management
to encourage the company to produce a new console that can do
competition to the PS3, XBox Nintendo and so on .....
I believe that Philips has all the capabilities to produce such a product.
I'm available if my contribution will bring some hope
more in order to see reborn in a renewed version of the CDI.
I apologize for the translation that is owned by Google.
Cdi 220- Play3- Yamaha Z7- VPR Toshiba Dlp- tv Samsung Led 8000 55"- 8 Speakers Antony Gallo Adiva Ti + 2sub Gallo- Electric Screen 100 "- Apple Mac Pro 8 core - Mac book pro - Mac book Air

prabmire

Post by prabmire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I understand where your coming from, but the amount of money that sony and microsoft have to chuck around not to mention nintendo, philips would go the way of the sega dreamcast if they ever released a new product, sad but true, just need to look at the economics of the situation

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Mon May 16, 2011 4:03 pm

For some reason, I'd like to see a device that could play CD-i titles (including video releases, reference titles and stuff like "Antistatic", not just games), Mega-CD games and 3DO games. As an added bonus, it would also play audio CDs (obviously), VCD discs (only natural) CD-G (ditto) and a couple others. Might make a nice "instant collectable". Though, for some reason, I think it would extra cool if it had lots and lots of inputs and outputs as well.

Then, an update/sequal could add PC-FX and Sega Saturn compatibility. By the time they did the 3rd model, Sony will probably be bankrupt, their assets could be bought by Hasbro and their trademarks and patents made "open source" (see what I did there?) so they could add Playstation compatibility along with something else.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

proxy10

Post by proxy10 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:02 am

yes,u can dream,good luck ,dude

prabmire

Post by prabmire » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Gaara wrote:For some reason, I'd like to see a device that could play CD-i titles (including video releases, reference titles and stuff like "Antistatic", not just games), Mega-CD games and 3DO games. As an added bonus, it would also play audio CDs (obviously), VCD discs (only natural) CD-G (ditto) and a couple others. Might make a nice "instant collectable". Though, for some reason, I think it would extra cool if it had lots and lots of inputs and outputs as well.

Then, an update/sequal could add PC-FX and Sega Saturn compatibility. By the time they did the 3rd model, Sony will probably be bankrupt, their assets could be bought by Hasbro and their trademarks and patents made "open source" (see what I did there?) so they could add Playstation compatibility along with something else.

Sony don't just have income from the PS3, and their lawsuits are only against sony entertainment, you gotta factor in they sell tvs, dvd players, blu ray etc etc, Car audio, Computers laptops etc! they are billionaires they could pay out their law suits 3 times over and still be fine

Gaara
Softech Recruit

Post by Gaara » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 am

prabmire wrote:
Gaara wrote:For some reason, I'd like to see a device that could play CD-i titles (including video releases, reference titles and stuff like "Antistatic", not just games), Mega-CD games and 3DO games. As an added bonus, it would also play audio CDs (obviously), VCD discs (only natural) CD-G (ditto) and a couple others. Might make a nice "instant collectable". Though, for some reason, I think it would extra cool if it had lots and lots of inputs and outputs as well.

Sony don't just have income from the PS3, and their lawsuits are only against sony entertainment, you gotta factor in they sell tvs, dvd players, blu ray etc etc, Car audio, Computers laptops etc! they are billionaires they could pay out their law suits 3 times over and still be fine
I wasn't referring to any lawsuits. It just seems they've been big for so long they will have to collapse sooner or later. Not in the next 10 years, mind you, but eventually.