-writeview doesn't work in beta2.

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
LuigiBlood
Softech Recruit

-writeview doesn't work in beta2.

Post by LuigiBlood » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 pm

I don't know why, but it doesn't work at all. I wanted to record a video without the CD-i Emulator window, but -writeview doesn't work at all for me.
I'm french, so sometimes my english can be wrong.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:49 pm

You need to use either -writeavi or -writepng with -writeview; examples:
-writeavi output.avi -writeview video
-writepng out$seq.png -writeview video
This will write either output.avi (first example) or out000000.png / out000001.png / ... (second example; if you omit $seq from -writepng then each write operation will overwrite the previous one).

If you don't want audio in the avi you can use -writesilent; you can reduce the framerate of the avi or png sequence with -writerate RATE (the default is the full framerate of the CD-i player, either 50 or 60, which can make things VERY slow...).

Edit: Interesting coincidence that you're asking this while I'm in the process of implementing a faster "write each frame" option (it should write about 2 x (600 + 280 x (384 + 32)) = 228 KB of raw CD-i video and DCP data per frame instead of 560 x 768 x 3 = 1260 KB of raw RGB...

LuigiBlood
Softech Recruit

Post by LuigiBlood » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:12 am

I actually used -writeavi and even -writescale 2 with it, but i didn't get that i needed to add "video" to -writeview. Thanks!
I'm french, so sometimes my english can be wrong.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 pm

In the interest of correctness and to avoid future surprises, my writepng example should have used out$seq$.png (note the second $ sign); you could also use $time$ for the timecode (mmssff), $seq$ is just a sequence number.