Cd-i v0.5.3-beta2 not working anymore?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
RoryM
Burn:Cycle Activated

Cd-i v0.5.3-beta2 not working anymore?

Post by RoryM » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Cd-i v0.5.3-beta2 has stopped working for me recently. :(

I bought the full version of 0.5.2 last June, and from then until just after Christmas version 0.5.3 beta 2 worked perfectly, but since the new year I've been getting an "evaluation time limit" error.

I've also tried version 0.5.3 beta 2 on a PC that has never had any version of the CD-i emulator installed on it before, and it gives the same "evaluation time limit" error.

I've sent CD-i Fan emails asking for help, but haven't had a reply as yet.

Is the 0.5.3 beta 2 working for anyone else?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers, Rory. :)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 pm

This is unfortunately a known issue (to me). :oops:

Because these are beta versions, I included date limits.
Version 0.5.3-beta1 no longer works as of 2011/01/01.
Version 0.5.3-beta2 no longer works as of 2012/01/01.
The same goes for version 0.5.3-beta3 (not public).

It was my intention to release beta4 over Christmas, but it has been delayed due to other demands on my time (work, family, etc).

The new beta will be there within a few weeks, but expect no big new features. It will have better support for some exotic CD-i player system ROMs, a screen snapshot feature, and the MPEG support is much less buggy but still not really "working" for most CD-i titles.

At present there are no functional beta versions (public or otherwise) working for anyone. If you really need it, you can (temporarily) reset the clock on your PC.

Edit: I have updated the CD-i Emulator website accordingly.

PS. RoryM, for some reason my Outlook wouldn't see your messages but I've just checked gmail.com directly. Reply sent.

RoryM

Post by RoryM » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 am

Hi,
Thanks a lot for getting back to me, it's great to know that a new beta is on the way. I was wondering if Version 0.5.3-beta2 had a built in time limit as it seemed strange for the program to work perfectly one day, then not a week later.

Thanks also for the PC clock reseting idea, I hadn't thought of that and it's nice to have the option. I'm quite happy to use 0.5.2 for a few weeks now that I know that about the new beta, and having put together a very modest C++ project, for my own use, outwith work hours, I do understand and appreciate the reasons for the gap between functional betas, cheers, Rory. :D

P.S. Got your email, thanks for that, hope my reply gets through to you.

RoryM

Post by RoryM » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:30 am

Hi CD-i Fan,
I wondered if there was any news about beta4? I did drop you an email to ask about this at the start of August, but you may not have got my message. If you could let me know when you have a minute I'd be very grateful, thanks, Rory.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I have been swamped with work this year; between that and my family there's been hardly any time and/or energy left for CD-i Emulator developments. I did some DV work at the beginning of the year but that's been it.

Hoping for some time off toward the end of the year, to get things stable enough for a new beta...