Need some info about controllers with CD-i 210 **help!!**

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
CDinewbie
Burn:Cycle Activated

Need some info about controllers with CD-i 210 **help!!**

Post by CDinewbie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi,

I've just bought a CD-i 210 on ebay, the seller listed it with 2 controllers, I believe they are called the 'commander' and the 'thumbstick'. They've just told me the 'thumbstick' doesn't work.
Can anyone tell me, with regards to the 210 series - do these two controllers do the same things?, or do I need the 'thumstick' for some functions that the 'commander' doesn't have buttons for??.

Many thanks!
Hello

Austin
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Austin » Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 am

I'm not sure what you mean exactly without a link to the auction and/or pictures. But if it's what I think it is, you won't be able to do much with any games if the stick isn't working.

All controllers basically do the same thing on the CD-i. They just mostly look different, and feel differently in terms of control. Any peripheral is interchangeable with any game as well--for instance, you can use a mouse or trackball with any game. Same with any control pad or remote.
The IMPLANTgames Podcast - Episode 66: http://implantgames.com/implantgames/podcast66