Hello from Paris

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Arethius_RGC
Burn:Cycle Activated

Hello from Paris

Post by Arethius_RGC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

Hello

I'm hanging here for a little while, but never presented myself to you guys. I'm Guillaume (aka Arethius_RGC) born in Paris - France - in 1980. I'm video game collector since the age of 15. Before I was not allowed to have a video game console.

My first console was the Nintendo NES then I got Atari Jaguar (which remains one of my favorite) then I have sold my console to buy others, in 1999 I started the collection.
My ambition as a collector to have all video game console with at least one game I like on it.
My favorite consoles Atari Jaguar, CD-I, Playstation One, Sega Megadrive.
Regarding the CD-I, I want a full set (or at least as near as possible). I already possess:
- Philips 205
- Philips 905
- Phlips 210 (boxed)
- Philips 470
- Philips 450 (boxed)
- Philips 350
- Philips FW380i
- Philips 660
- Philips 670
- Grundig 110 E
- Kyocera Pro 1000 (yes I'm the one who bought it ;) )
Of course lot of games and accessories

But I'm not only a collector, I'm also play an active part in the Retro-video gaming community in France.
In 2002 I joined a community in France and together we organized the first Jaguar Connexion (JC) then we organised 5 of them until 2006. In this year we founded the Retro-Gaming Connexion Association (which I am the President and we splitted the JC in two conventions :
- the AC : originally an ATARI based convention, now a retro video computer convention
- the RGC : a global retro gaming convention.

Now we organise five conventions per year:
- the Mecha Gaming Convention: a mecha themed convention with a Steel-Battalion lan-party (last year 16 steel battalion), but also Virtua On, Iron Soldier... This year on February 2nd & 3rd
- the AC in April 6th & 7th: the retro video computer convention with its coding party (code a game in 24 hours) and I'd like to have some CD-I coders that would be nice.
- the Balades de Congis this year the theme is the Far West and the CD-I will have a good place
- One musical game evening (in July this year) Rock band, guitar hera, DJ Hero.
- the RGC in october.

But we also have some other product such as T-shirt, manual, and games. Our latest and most ambitious project Another World on ATARI Jaguar (available for pre-order).

RiGht I'm finished. Sorry if I borrowed you with my advertiing but I'd like to have more strangers on our conventions. Besides forgive me if my english is faulty. I hope to have good contact with you guys.

K1ngArth3r
Sum Zero Barman

Post by K1ngArth3r » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Welcome to the site, that's quite a collection of CD-i systems you have!

What makes the CD-i one of your favorite console to collect for?

Please post some pictures of your collection :-)

Arethius_RGC

Post by Arethius_RGC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Wha the CD-i one of my favorite system, ... well I guess I'd always love the lost causes :D

When IO was not allowed to have a Video game console, my best friend at that time had one and we played quite a lot with it. Kether, L'Ange et Demo, Burn Cycle, Hotel Mario, Link faces of Evil, The 7th guest where our games...

for the picture it have to wait a bit I restructuring my complete collection. But I'll make some picture and post them here.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Sent you a PM...

highlandcattle

Post by highlandcattle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I would love a picture aswell!