Version 0.5.3-beta2 of CD-i Emulator released!

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Version 0.5.3-beta2 of CD-i Emulator released!

Post by cdifan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:13 pm

I have just released the second public beta of CD-i Emulator version 0.5.3 for Windows.

This is mainly a bugfix release. It fixes the problem where the 0.5.3-beta1 version displays a "You have exceeded the evaluation time limit" message immediately after starting emulation. A small number of minor bugs have also been fixed.

The internals of CD-i Emulator have been restructured somewhat to enable OS-9 emulation, but this functionality is not yet included in this public release. There is only one user-visible new feature:
  • - Color-coding of the disc timecode display has been added: blue for TOC / yellow for CR-ROM / green for CD-I / red for CD-DA, based on a suggestion by Anna Wu.
More information can be found on the CD-i Emulator website, in particular the Release Notes section. The beta release can be downloaded from the Downloads section; don't forget to read the README, HOWTO and RELNOTES documents included with the emulator!

Any questions, comments, etc should be posted to this forum, where the answers will be useful to the entire user community.

Have fun!

Ozfer
Burn:Cycle Activated

Re: Version 0.5.3-beta2 of CD-i Emulator released!

Post by Ozfer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:53 am

Can we expect an update sometime in the near future. I don't mean to rush you or anything but it seems like the emulator hasn't had much support lately. I am just hoping you are still updating it and you haven't left us :cry:

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:32 pm

I haven't left you but updates have been standing still for some time.

I've been swamped at work for the last year and it doesn't look as if it's getting any better...

NETGURU
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by NETGURU » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:03 pm

If i buy a version of 0.5.2 can i use the 0.5.3 beta still? I want to play Burn Cycle on my PC without having to use the god awful MS DOS port.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:00 pm

NETGURU wrote:If i buy a version of 0.5.2 can i use the 0.5.3 beta still? I want to play Burn Cycle on my PC without having to use the god awful MS DOS port.
You can, if you "rewind" the date of your PC to before 2012/01/01 or use a tool so that only CD-i Emulator sees such a date.