Shelve space at your local Video Game Retailer

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Shelve space at your local Video Game Retailer

Post by Devin » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:00 pm

Whilst in California I was quite surprised to find that Microsofts XBOX is taking up more shelve space than the PS2 which dominates the UK circuit of video game stores. The Gamecube in both USA and UK is a lost cause more's the pity. What sort of space do these systems take up in European stores outside of the UK?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:12 am

Our local gamestore equally stores xbox and gamecube games. I don't feel the cube is at a loss. Though, toy-stores equally stores xbox and ps2 games. there are about half as much cube games over here. In the end, you'll find ps2 games the most.

I'm quite curious how the DS versus PSP war will end...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:19 am

It's an interesting time for video gaming with the current generation war almost over now ramping upto the next-gen stuff. Then SONY muscling in on NINTENDOS last strong hold in the handheld market. I find it all fascinating :D

GameCube was the clear loser in terms of sales, with PS2 storming ahead and XBOX rearing up the middle. Still shocked by how well it's doing stateside, always assumed PS2 was ultimate king in America!!

Overdrive_X
Softech Recruit

Post by Overdrive_X » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:12 am

Devin wrote:It's an interesting time for video gaming with the current generation war almost over now ramping upto the next-gen stuff. Then SONY muscling in on NINTENDOS last strong hold in the handheld market. I find it all fascinating :D

GameCube was the clear loser in terms of sales, with PS2 storming ahead and XBOX rearing up the middle. Still shocked by how well it's doing stateside, always assumed PS2 was ultimate king in America!!
I hate Sony Playstation 2 , this is the wrost console ever made. I had 4 Ps2 and they all broke a way or another. I have 3 Nintendo GameCube and no problem with them and i play a lot of GC. I also have a nice modified XBOX and is work perfectly. (2 Ps2 was modded and 2 was not) ( 1 GameCube is modded the other 2 was not ) ( XBOX is modded ). I bought also my psp the first day and guess what the Memory Stick DUO broke up after 1 hours and 2 dead pixel appear. My Nintendo DS with flashed firmware work flawless. Even my 3DO FZ-1 work flawless and it the first batch of FZ-1. Can anybody explain me why Playstaion is not called BugStation or BrokeStation ? And even my GB Advance i played for about 2500 hours is still fully fonctional and working.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:56 pm

Yes the SONY consoles are notoriously Shoddy designs!! Haven't had any problems myself but then again my SONY consoles stay still, in an enclosed unit which probably helps preserve its functionality.

Even the early production XBOX units are not perfect, one reason i'm holding off on an early purchase of the 360 just to wait until any technical difficulties are ironed out properly. This global launch does seem like a rush job to me so i'm sure problems are gonna be apparent pretty early on.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:23 am

Our local videogame store now even has a cd-i in stock! It offers a range of cd-i games and pheripherals like the gun and gamepad! This is the first videogame store i see with cd-i. Probably a lost collection of one of our town's residents...

Concerning the new generation war I still appreciate Nintendo's efforts and I'm definately gonna wait until the Revolution hits the ground. I have no idea when both Nintendo and Sony are launching their new consoles, but 2006 will end up very interesting. I didn't hear any negative stories about the 360, since its launch. Have you?

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Ive heard of a few overheating and some components in the display usints in some stores actually getting to the point there they almost completely fried ... no wonder as they house them in a great big plascit dome .... :roll: