New CD-i website?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

New CD-i website?

Post by cdifan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:45 pm

I just noticed http://www.philipscdi.com; still under construction but looking promising.

Anybody know this guy?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:18 am

Another one!! :roll:

Good clean asthetic to the site, i'll wager that TerraTron knows who operates this site. Can you let us all in :wink:

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:19 am

It's full of links to ICDIA (from archive.org so far, but...)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:25 am

Started on 14th June 2005 according to the website.

Wonder why it links to the old icdia.org domain through the web archive?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:01 am

now that is nice! And it looks like a great addition to the cd-i scene! I hope this is not just a one-day-fly, and that it will show some content! Should be some real cd-i enthusiasts behind this.... i'm not sure if it is a *known* member... looks pretty professional!
it made me wonder, is everybody allowed to use the philips brand in their domain name?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:19 am

haha

builded by a professional webdesign company!

country of origin: Belgium!

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:59 am

You're referring to the "slashdot" effect from yesterday, I presume :-)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:06 pm

it's pretty lame to copy&paste all the images and text directly from ICDIA! The source isn't even mentioned in it.... and below there is
© 2005 - Website and all its content property of Mylo Inc. except where noted otherwise. - dear god!

the gamelist is like the le monde du cdi software list. Perhaps the new Le Monde site djkoelkast is preparing?

not very original...

TerraTron
Burn:Cycle Activated

New website

Post by TerraTron » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:02 pm

:? I DON't KNOW NOTING......

Nope I saw it yesterday and added it on cdi.eigenstart.nl.....

Yes it's a Belgian site I think..........

TerraTron

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:20 pm

in the history part i read something new:
In the summer of 1995, Philips began to release versions of CD-i software for play on the Sega Saturn

???

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 pm

It's a great design for the website but i'd like to see something new.

At the moment it seems to go over ground already covered by The ICDIA lifting content directly as you point out Bas. Also the listings and format shows more than a passing resemblance to Le Monde. At least whoever operates the site shares the same ethic as this project to quote:
www.philipscdi.com wrote:Welcome to the all-new philipscdi.com website, the site that aims to be the number one resource for the best multi-media platform ever developed, the Philips CD-i. Our main goal is to keep this system alive and to globally connect all the CD-i fans out there, make a complete catalog of all CD-i hardware and software ever made and even buy or sell certain items.
I would like to see a complete listing of ALL Philips CD-i software with unique pages for each title expanding the resources in each section including Reference, Education, Kids, Documentary etc etc... A monster task though!!

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:03 pm

Another site that is the best source for CD-i material. And it looks like they are very professional at copying stuff too. Better than webdesign, the site runs terrible here.

email: info@mylo.be
telephone: +32 478 94 77 07
mail: Mylo Inc.
Stationsstraat 24
9140 Temse
Belgium

No idea who the person behind this site is though...

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:14 am

I see that the newest forum member is called Philipscdi.com; presumably there's a relation with the website...

Hi there :-)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:28 am

The phone number and address (they weren't on the site yesterday) match the ones listed in whois. A little more digging with Google results in various pictures and some personal info; he's around 27 years old.

Hi there, Mathias!

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Yes, I did it! I confess

Post by Philipscdi.com » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:26 am

Hi there everyone,

Yes, my name is Mathias. And I'm the man behind the philipscdi.com website. And I am indeed 27 years old (Damn you, Google). And I had hoped that my site wouldn't have been found yet, because it is nowhere near ready enough to be publicly available... (Damn you again, Google) But it's here now, and I'm gonna have to speed up things a little, I guess. About the copying of content, please let me explain. It was simply content I placed on my website temporarily, to give me an idea of what I wanted to have on there. I quickly changed a couple of things yesterday, so I wouldn't step on anybody's toes. Now that I'm a known user of this forum, please mail or call me if you have any questions about me and my website. - Or some of the pictures you may have seen :p (Damn you once again, Google)

Let's all keep CD-i alive!!