any update on emulator

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
collect-o-maniac
Burn:Cycle Activated

any update on emulator

Post by collect-o-maniac » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:15 pm

just curious more than anything as id rather you took ages to release it and get it right. Any update on how the project is coming along? Keep up the good work and keep the faith.

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:46 am

no more info i take it?

Never mind i gather you musta hit a hard patch. keep up the good work.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:53 am

I was holding off a bit to avoid raising any false hopes, but since you ask so insistently :-)

Today a new beta version will be going out to the beta testers; this will be the initial release unless they find a show-stopping bug.

CD-i player ROM and CD-i title compatibility is reasonable (I think) but certainly not perfect, but this can only be fixed with bugreports from the field.

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:08 am

WOW :D Fingers crossed that eveything goes fine. As for compatibility - you`ve done an excellent job on that alone. The amount of CD-i players that is compatible with this emu is quite simply staggering (especially for a first release). Im sure the emulator itself will open up a new era of cd-i enthusiasts and that can only be good news alround. Look at it as laying a piece of history - because thats exactly what you`d be doing. Wishing you all the best - your hard work is appreciated by all, and im sure this will show on the amount of downloads once this is released :D

Heatseeker86

Post by Heatseeker86 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:09 pm

man, what a kiss ass.....

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:20 pm

Please don't use hateful language on this forum.
collect-o-matic is excited and very grateful for cdifan's outstanding efforts with the cdi emulator. His response is entirely reasonable. Yours is not.
It's like 1993 all over again!

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:47 pm

Heatseeker86 wrote:man, what a kiss ass.....
Personally this comment would`nt really offend me as this person obviously could`nt finish the sentence with something meaningful.

As for the comment itself.....in my opinion we should all be thankful that people take time out of their busy lives (that`s right, most people have jobs - familys) to keep a dying piece of retro history alive. I`m positive long after the consoles are gone and parts impossible to find, You`d be thankful for someone taking the time to make such emulators.

Therefore if this makes me a kiss ass...bend over, because i certainly would`nt have the patience or time to dedicate like cdifan has commited. And it`s people such as these that are keeping retro history alive.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:27 am

Heatseeker86 wrote:man, what a kiss ass.....
Please tell me you didn't register just to say that :roll:

We're all a nice bunch on the whole here Heatseeker86!!

Heatseeker86

Post by Heatseeker86 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:03 am

lol... wow I got a huge response out of that comment... geez... I didnt mean anything by it.. I bet it would have been thought of differently if I put a smiley face next to it... it wasnt really hateful language, you got Eat-an-Octorok in another forum calling people morons and such... maybe I should have specified. Lots of people are ignorant.

and collect-o-maniac, as for saying something meaningful, shut up and let the man work :-) lol

now for all you softies on this forum, I meant that in the friendliest possible way...

adi

Post by adi » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:44 am

so how did the beta testing go? any chance of us getting a demo version of it, i realy want to know if this will play the mario and zelda games so i dont have faulse hopes

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:18 pm

Heatseeker86 wrote:and collect-o-maniac, as for saying something meaningful, shut up and let the man work :-) lol
Agreed :lol:

adi.... as far as im aware it will play most games accept for those that use the DV cartridge. Remember though you`ll still need to get a bios prior to the release of the emu. Only cdifan, Devin and other testers could answer 100% for sure but the above is what i believe to be true.

Eat-an-Octorok

Post by Eat-an-Octorok » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:59 pm

"you got Eat-an-Octorok in another forum calling people morons and such..."

This is the internet, pal. Get used to it.

"Moron" is not an offensive term, especially since the person I called one was being agressie to me.

If you think "moron" is offensive, then step outside and look at the real world. There are worse terms than "moron."

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :D :) :( :o :shock: :?

Note: I've deleted a truly hideous number of emoticons here because it took my browser (and presumably other people's browsers too) forever to load them. -- cdifan

8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :win

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:57 pm

Why do you come to a completely peaceful and healthy online community and cause trouble?
It's like 1993 all over again!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:13 pm

adi wrote:so how did the beta testing go? any chance of us getting a demo version of it, i realy want to know if this will play the mario and zelda games so i dont have faulse hopes
Beta testing is an ongoing process and of course once the emulator is released we'll be looking for your input as well. At the moment CD-i Emulator is looking pretty damn good, won't mention anything specific but I think you'll be impressed by the features available in the first release. I haven't actually tried running the Zelda games on the emulator myself yet so can't report anything from personal experience. However the Mario Prototype and Hotel Mario works rather well, coupled with the fact that most Philips Player BIOS work is quite an achievement from CD-i Fan!! :D

Foleyjo

Post by Foleyjo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:09 am

dont be agressie people.

What do you mean by we will have to get the bios??

Is that like with the Amiga emulators needing a kickstart rom which needs to be obtained legally or am I on the wrong track??