any update on emulator

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
collect-o-maniac
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by collect-o-maniac » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:11 am

On the cd-i emu teaser if you highlight the bottom right piccy of link you`ll see that its title is `Link: the faces of evil under emulation`. How well it runs though i couldnt answer but the piccy at least shows it emulates link :D

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:24 am

Foleyjo wrote:What do you mean by we will have to get the bios??
Best to read the section that Cdifan wrote.

You can find it in cd-i Emulator Discussion under CD-i Emulator coming soon.

The cable he mentions can be obtained here http://www.btinternet.com/~devin.cdistore/

The emulator itself requires this `bios` to be able to run. Also check the compatibility page on the cdi teaser site.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:25 am

Yes, that's almost exactly like it. I've consistently called it a "CD-i system ROM file", but others seem to prefer the term BIOS :-)

You can obtain it from an actual CD-i player using a CD-i nullmodem cable and the CD-i Link program.

Foleyjo

Post by Foleyjo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:51 am

Cant we have a new section where all negative CDI discussions go!!!

Eat-an-Octorok

Post by Eat-an-Octorok » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:19 pm

"You can obtain it from an actual CD-i player using a CD-i nullmodem cable and the CD-i Link program."

Or find it on the internet, which might be illegal, but it won't effect anyone, since Phillips don't make money out of the CD-i anymore.

[Playfull]

Post by [Playfull] » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:56 pm

Eat-an-Octorok :

i agree tho its copyrighted materials its nothing Phillips make money on and i bet efter the release the "bios" files will floot on the net ...

still without getting my hands dirty or people starts thinking im supporting piracy i would suggest getting it from your own CD-I
and for everthing not any links or anything there can direct to the files from here ..

Foleyjo :

i think that would be a bad idea becouse its people oppions about CD-I not every one thinks it rocks :wink:
and some diskussions dosent start bad they just head that way not that i have seen it much here :lol:

but im looking forward to see how the baby runs and if there are a time limit in it i hope there are a save state then else we wont get far in helping with the testing lol

Heatseeker86

Post by Heatseeker86 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:52 am

its funny, Ive actually had a cdi BIOS for quite some time now but didnt realize it... :D I dont remember where it came from... must have gotten it from an IRC months ago...

so they could have been floating around the net already

unblestone

Post by unblestone » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:38 am

I've downloaded the CD-i 450 bios 6 years ago, so they are floating around the net for a very long time. :lol:

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:54 am

Lets make it clear from the start, I don't mind the discussion of the current situation in the fact that CD-i BIOS, along with every other systems BIOS (XBOX, PSX, GameCube, Saturn, Dreamcast... do I need to go on!!) is available on the net. If these talks descend into ROM/BIOS begging and asking for the file or a link to the download then the topic will be deleted immediately.

Also bear in mind, if you put in the effort to get the ROM/BIOS legally through CD-i Link then the program itself does a CRC check as it's uploading from your CD-i Player. So once you have the file, it's a guaranteed duplicate of the software inside your CD-i player.

[Playfull]

Post by [Playfull] » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:35 pm

i belive there are a CD-I bios in the Mess bios collection im not sure tho :)