CD-i Emulator 0.5.2 Limited edition now available!

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

CD-i Emulator 0.5.2 Limited edition now available!

Post by cdifan » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:08 pm

Starting right now, the Limited edition of my CD-i Emulator program, version 0.5.2, can be downloaded from the CD-i Emulator Home website. This edition is limited to at most three minutes of emulation between CD-i player resets.

Version 0.5.2 still has many issues, but I feel that it is good enough for a first public release. Be sure to check out the Release Notes and Player Support sections of the website, and don't forget to read the README, HOWTO and RELNOTES documents included with the emulator!

For paying customers, the corresponding unlimited edition will be available some time tomorrow. It does not have any emulation time limit and will support loading and saving of NVRAM contents.

As it is still September, I feel that I have met my "starting September" commitment. After all, I didn't state when in September! :-)

Any questions, comments, etc should be posted to this forum, where the answers will be useful to the entire user community.

Have fun!

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:50 pm

I wuv you :mrgreen:
It's like 1993 all over again!

collect-o-maniac
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by collect-o-maniac » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 am

THANKYOUUUUUUUUUUUUU YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D :D ...good job cdifan.

InTheSand

Post by InTheSand » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:13 am

Yahoo!!! Downloading now!

- Ali

Dark

Post by Dark » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:07 am

W00T! Going to download it right away!!! Now I can play my games again :D

Good job! You're the best!

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by Ruekov » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:55 pm

Congratulations, I will download this night... and in some days I will buy the cable XD.

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:54 pm

I'm planning on paying for this excellent software immediately. One question, though. When I pay via paypal, where can I expect you to send the details for acquiring the unlimited edition? I'm guessing the e-mail address associated with my paypal account, or do I have to specify an address?

Kao
Softech Recruit

Post by Kao » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:39 pm

Sorry, double post.

Are the mouse controls the only control scheme available on the emulator at this point? It's pretty good, but there's plenty of situations where they just don't work out very well.

While the arrow keys are less accurate than the mouse, they do offer quite a bit more overal control. You may want to consider an input selection as a possible update at some later time :)

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:02 pm

You can also use a joystick.

Arrow key control is on the list, but I didn't want to keep you people waiting any longer!

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:07 pm

Is it possible for users to start creating a workable list? what i mean by that is games-bios and problems etc.

Im going through my entire selection and compiling a list of bios used, games that work, how playable it is , lack of sound etc etc.

gonna take me a while as ive got quite a few but ill work as fast as poss on it. If other users could do same im sure we`d all benefit from it.

[Playfull]

Post by [Playfull] » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:11 pm

only thing there comes to my attation are there isnt a save state and with a 3 min. limit its hard to test the working games futher .....

dunno if thats was the idea from the begining tho but then its impossible to help testing for non payers anyway :)

collect-o-maniac

Post by collect-o-maniac » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:13 pm

Absolutely true but considering we have no idea when the full release will become available im sure it would help in some small way. Even if only to serve as a guide to those non-payers. If absolutely nothing else it could serve as a list of working-non working titles.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:18 pm

[Playfull] wrote:only thing there comes to my attation are there isnt a save state and with a 3 min. limit its hard to test the working games futher .....

dunno if thats was the idea from the begining tho but then its impossible to help testing for non payers anyway :)
in three minutes you can easily note a game is working properly or not. Most hangs occur in the main screen/ menu/.... when you're actually playing, you can be sure the game is running OK.

[Playfull]

Post by [Playfull] » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:26 pm

np so the test for a working game are if it starts and then its fully working nomatter what ?

what i meant was futher testing as i wrote forexample of xxxxxxxx game hangs after level 4 or what it could be and add the savestate where it does the error ...

anyway it was just a suggestion :) .....

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:31 pm

ofcourse not but it'll give a good first impression.