Philips Media Center

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Philips Media Center

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:00 am

With the Philips MCP 9350i Media Center, launched in October, Philips finally re-enters the computer market for home entertainment. In some way I can think of no better successor to the cd-i system. While the ‘Media Centers’ were privileged as a normal PC in the past years, it becomes clear the systems are perfectly suitable in the living room, just as how game consoles (including cd-i) already were.

Using Wi-Fi you can hook up all kinds of devices to the Media Center, they are again advertising to use Internet on your TV; watch your personal video’s and pictures; play (online) games and it’s your audio system all in one great machine.

It’s really like a deja-vu. We’ve all seen this before! Obviously, like we already knew, the compact disc interactive system was ahead of its time…

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:18 am

Seems to be one or two "Ghosts in the Shell" at Philips :roll:

Convergence seems to be the new buzz word for multimedia nowadays! To think that 10 years ago they were criticisng CD-i for doing too much that it confused the market. Amazing how things turnaround isn't it, I wonder what would happen if Philips launched a machine today at the power of a PS2 but with all the multimedia functions of the above machine.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"