News on 'The World Of CD-i'

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

News on 'The World Of CD-i'

Post by Bas » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:37 pm

I'm very thankful the Le Monde Team showed us some great updates recently! Knowing some people who don't bother every website, here's a link to the new(est) stuff:

-Information, including screenshots and videos of RAM Raid, check it out here

-Information about a peculiar yet-to-see game on a video cd called 'Little Indian', find it here

Mainly thanks to Omegalfa for this!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:19 pm

Nice interview Omegalfa, do you know if that figure of 50,000 units sold per year of "Le Journal Interactif" included the bundle offer or was it a seperate deal?

Still a little mystery concerning this game included on the "Little Indian, Big City" it appears. I assume you haven't seen the game working yet from what was said during the interview?
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:12 pm

his CV begs for more about this.....

De 1995 à 1996 – TF1 ENTREPRISES - ÉDITIONS ÉLECTRONIQUES :
Réalisation d'un jeu sur Nintendo GameBoy™ et sur CD-I™ pour le film " Un Indien dans la Ville " avec la participation de Thierry LHERMITTE. Rédaction du Design Document (études, faisabilité et réalisation), encadrement des équipes et suivi commercial (plus de 100 000 jeux GameBoy™ vendus) ;

Réédition du Journal Interactif 1995 accompagné de son jeu sur CD-I™.

De 1994 à 1995 – TF1 ENTREPRISES - ÉDITIONS ÉLECTRONIQUES :
Réalisation en coproduction avec Philips Media France du Journal Interactif 1994 et du Jeu des Stars de l'Info sur CD-I™ : premier produit en vidéo interactive plein écran ;
Rédaction du Design Document et encadrement des équipes de fabrication.

ImageImage

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:06 am

Too bad lately the 'Le Monde' Site seems down to me at daytime the past days, or it is my work-connection? Any problems over there or updating?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:10 pm

it'll redirect more visitors to your site, is that a bad thing!
Have you tried the disc Omegalfa?
And what about the decision to add BIOS files to your download section?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:55 pm

omegalfa wrote:We are maybe working slowly in your eyes but if you look closely, you will see every week new screenshots and downloads available.

As I saw, I can't talk a lot about things we are doing because I risk to see it here before then :?
It might be an idea to point out these changes in the forums Omegalfa, this is something I do religously now and gives an easily accessable look to your visitors of what's new.

Also as a webmaster you should be in control of the information not Vica Versa, only publish when you want it in the public domain. That way you can tease us all right up until you unleash an article :wink:
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:15 pm

very true. Even I can't always bother viewing every section again to search for a new add, but that doesn't mean i'm not interested. Pointing out changes in the forum or a 'What's New!?' section in the side columns is a great idea. Just like the 'New Posts' shortcut!

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:58 pm

Nice to see this 'Zeneca - Asthma Therapy' movie is online again on the new site. However, i was unable to download it, the link is bad ...

By the way, don't expect too much when you see this classified as a game, it's a trivia kind of gameplay you'll see on it. But, the clouds on the background are really impressive and nicely incorporated in the whole style of the disc. Also the audio is quite nice, very ambient.