Solar Crusade Game Page Updated

A community focused CD-i website since early 2001 The Black Moon Project has delivered diverse content. From a simple catalogue code to uncovering the lost CD-i Mario game of Nintendo fame in Super Mario's Wacky Worlds. Interviews, Articles and Game Guides are just a few of the resources available. If you have any comments on Black Moon then leave them here.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Solar Crusade Game Page Updated

Post by Devin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:01 pm

The Solar Crusade game page on The Black Moon Project has been updated with a full scan of the European Retail Packaging. Extracted information from the disc itself containing the abstract, bibliographic and copyright information. This was of course the last ever game commercially released to market during a period when Infogrames had bought out much of the remnants left by the fall of Philips Media. We're not sure exactly what rights Infogrames has over CD-i Intellectual Property in particular but it's more likely that any studios under Philips Media we're taken over by Infogrames including any game related material. Although to the best of my knowledge nothing came of the work developed by Philips Media during the period of 1996 - 1997 so it's not obvious how Infogrames took advantage of this deal.
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:04 pm

well, except Atlantis ofcourse, this was still heavy duty in 1996 for Philips! Also both Namco titles were produced in 1996 by that same studio. As for the rest they were disbanded in 1996 or even earlier. Funhouse and POV got independent, Sidewalk was unfolded, Freeland was shut down in 1993. I don't think much was left from it when they sold it to Infogrames. It's likely they sold CD-i's IP with it.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:20 pm

I mean the unreleased stuff on the proverbial "Drawing Board" at Philips Media as far as I can tell nothing was taken under Infogrames wings and taken to full term development. I'm not convinced CD-i was sold outright to Infogrames if at all. I'd be very interested to know exactly what Infogrames got out of any deal.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:31 pm

it's a shame Infogrames is parted and sold to Atari, that company is so big it's hard to find any right spokeperson. We're in a try, ofcourse!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:35 pm

Other way around, Infogrames bought the Atari name for a greater presence in the games market. Infogrames wasn't exactly a "cool" name!!

Your right, it's a sprawling company for sure.