Panasonic 3DO FZ-1

This is where you can discuss anything besides CD-i related topics. Introduce yourself, discuss films, music, travel and get to know what interests the community has beyond CD-i.
Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Panasonic 3DO FZ-1

Post by Devin » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:44 pm

After almost giving up at a local car boot sale right at the very last stall I came across a Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 which I picked up with all cables, 1 controller and a few games for £30. Probably about the same as I would've paid on ebay although without the hassle of shipping so not a bad deal!! Tried a few games so far including Road Rash, can't complain about the ROCK soundtrack some very nice Soundgarden and Therapy samples...although I am getting worried about the "ROCK THEME" going throughout all the games i've tested. Was it some legal requirement that all developers use a ROCK soundtrack for 3DO games or something!?!

Ruekov
Karmic Church Disciple

Re: Panasonic 3DO FZ-1

Post by Ruekov » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:32 pm

Devin wrote:Was it some legal requirement that all developers use a ROCK soundtrack for 3DO games or something!?!
it is true!!! "Virtusoso" (:lol:), "RoadRash", "Phoenix 3", "daedalus Encounter", "Corpse Killer".

3DO was modern console in bad age... I loved "The horde", Road Rash, WC III and the very strange "Psychic Detective".

Yes, I have a 3DO, but is broken in disc-tray , normal problem in my second hand CD consoles (CDi, 3DO, computer X_D).

FreeDO is very Powerfull emulator... and works very well !!!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:23 am

Hmm i'll have to investigate this emulator.

What games would you recommend for the 3DO, what was THE defining game that identifies the PANASONIC 3DO platform?

greenday
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by greenday » Tue May 09, 2006 3:03 pm

I remember paying £250.00 for my 3do way back and it still works today. As for the best games thats a hard 1 the version of Fifa was class at the time gex was a great platformer and Killing time was the best first person shooter.

william

Post by william » Tue May 09, 2006 6:29 pm

What games would you recommend for the 3DO, what was THE defining game that identifies the PANASONIC 3DO platform?
A couple of my fav titles are-
Star control(with a brilliant 2 player game as well)
Need for speed(starting to look a bit dated)
Wing commander III(heart of the tiger)
PO'ed(first person shooter)
Syndicate
Return fire
and also Space hulk(based on the games workshop game)

greenday

Post by greenday » Wed May 10, 2006 8:39 am

PO'ed(first person shooter) ????????????????

Prob the worst FPS ever !!! rank rotten.

Forgot about WC III very good game.