New member? Say Hi!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:40 pm

Hey, It's always good to see old regulars on the CD-i boards again! Those EZ Boards are the same as CD-i Heaven, right? Good to see you back anyway, there really should be some more CD-i fanatics ;)
Hi, new to this game, so sorry if I'm about to repeat a previously asked question. My CD-i ws damaged in our last house move and alas no longer works. I have several games including Dragon's Lair, Burn Cycle etc... and I am wondering if it is possible to use them on a PC with a software upgrade or do I have to find another cd-i console?
Hi, you will find all the info you need about CD-i emulation right here
Keep in mind though, you can only play games on PC using the CD-i emulator which do not use the digital video cartridge (stated in the booklet ;))

RX_Shorty
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by RX_Shorty » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:38 am

Hi all...

I am new here... Still ain't got an CD-I player.
But searching for one.

Ciao

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:42 am

@RX_Shorty:
Still ain't got an CD-I player
Did you ever own a cd-i player in the past, or is cd-i completely new to you? In that case I'm curious to know why are you interested in cd-i and how and when did you find out about it? Else, what do you remember about cd-i from those days and what titles do you like best?

Good luck with finding a cd-i player and titles.

Jaffar Sholva

Post by Jaffar Sholva » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi all

Before I make a thread to get all informations I want, I'll tell you something about me. I'm from Switzerland, so sorry for mistakes I will make or perhaps that I made already. I have no CD-i console, but I'm interested ind the history of all consoles, which began in 1972 with the Magnavox Odyssey.

I'm making a list with all important consoles with their most important informations. This list I'm making is only for me or perhaps it will appears on the main page from a forum (a SNES-forum, my big love of consoles :D ). Well now, I have problems with getting some information. I think the most difficult ones are these from the CD-i, because it's an unknown console by most of the people.

So I hope you'wll help me ;)

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:07 pm

It's the reason why The Black Moon Project started in the first place! CD-i holds so many stories, so much more than anyone will ever brag about. Especially in the world of retrogaming CD-i is often described as being bad, inferior and just boring. Typical for those who have never experienced the system ;)

Welcome!

rupert

Post by rupert » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:43 am

Hi im new here, seen the site mentioned in the new issue of retro gamer magazine, thought id check it out.

my main interest is actually the sega master system, currently have over 500 games for this system. but still have a keen interest in cdi

I got my cdi soon after it first came out, i knew 3 other people that bought them which apparently is strange as they wernt the most populer machine of the day. Ive got the cdi 210 with a dv cart and also the 3 button plug in pad. ive got 25 games and 4 demo discs.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:41 pm

Can't beat the good old Master System, I had many a happy hour round my mates house playing that to the small hours. Wonderboy, Rambo but my favourite was R-Type... great conversion. So what does 500 games look like? :shock:

Also welcome to the forums! What issue of RetroGamer were we in out of interest?
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

rupert

Post by rupert » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:51 pm

your in the newist issue, issue 31 page 9, might not be in the shops yet, ive got a subscription.

heres my master system stuff, there been quite abit added since that pic though. there are no swaps but alot of box variations of the same game. if anyones interested ive got a complete list of them.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:19 pm

That must be the upcoming charity auction then! More on that to follow :wink:

That's a great collection, once I get more space to breath I'd love to organise a 'Game/Cocllection Room'. Hell you even protect it behind a curtain by the looks of it, very sweet. Only recently noticed that there were loads of slight packaging varitations for the Master System. Bought a couple of versions for Xenon that were going dirt cheap, so why not!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

rupert

Post by rupert » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Devin wrote:That must be the upcoming charity auction then! More on that to follow :wink:

That's a great collection, once I get more space to breath I'd love to organise a 'Game/Cocllection Room'. Hell you even protect it behind a curtain by the looks of it, very sweet. Only recently noticed that there were loads of slight packaging varitations for the Master System. Bought a couple of versions for Xenon that were going dirt cheap, so why not!
Yes i was interested in the zelda art work in mentioned. this is a pretty good site, seems friendly.

there are loads of sega master system box variations, the blue ones in the pic are Tec Toy, theres a 4 page artical about those in last months retro gamer. Are there lots of box variations for the CDI, id like to get into collecting them soon.

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:10 pm

Multiple regional language releases! However the packaging is pretty much the same except for the Europe/USA divide with some marked differences. Early USA releases came in a big plastic case with latter releases issued in a normal jewel case complete with a slipcase cover. I think these package details can be found somewhere else on the forum with loads of details!

Yeah we don't usually bite! :wink:

Only two days then all will be announced for the Charity Auction...

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:42 am

Well ... this is what ... return number 2 for me ??.

How is everyone?

Have I missed much?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:14 am

you can catch up the details everywhere, I don't think a lot has happened since your last visit ;)

blackfrostbite

Post by blackfrostbite » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:57 am

hi all

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:07 am

blackfrostbite wrote:hi all
Hi david, that's a long time ago! Nice to see you back, I hope you solved your battery problem with your CD-i players! How's it going?