NON-Philips cd-i players...?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:59 pm

I'd love to see some high res pictures of that one. Imagine playing with it ;)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:29 pm

I wonder where they got information about a IVO V12 Portable (Sony). Perhaps that was to be the DVC version?
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:43 pm

hey, I thought you were responsible for the CD-i section at Digital Press !?

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:40 pm

Only the games, they shoved in a bunch of other unauthenticated stuff including this hardware [as it appears] and all those CD-i Reference/Education/Entertainment titles. Not a particularly good practise, it's always best to check these things against a few reliable sources first!
Sol Cutter: "I don't think you've acquired the marketed range!"

oaacdi
Softech Recruit

Post by oaacdi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Got myself a DVS http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0308327338 unit for $5.00! Received today and works like a charm! It included a Cdi disc: America's Dental Health with Joan Lunden, from 1997! Now I know everything about tooth, the interactive way :wink:

Wonder if the printer port would work with this application, and the purpose of the DC jack in the back.

Bas wrote:I am told the DVS system was produced by LG and based on the GDI player form LG, so it should have integrated DVC and input for controller-port.

However, I've never hold it in my hands, neither I have seen any decent pics, so Devin is the one to call ;)

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 pm

I know that the DVS VE-200 has a special remote, and that it was made in Korea.

Does anybody have more information about the remote? Does it have dedicated play/pause buttons and all that? Does a 'normal' cdi remote also work on the VE-200 player?

On Interactive dreams it was stated that the DVS is actually a LG player.
Does the LG also include this special remote (or was it another different remote)?
Does anybody have a picture?

http://cdii.blogspot.com/2008/05/hollan ... -cd-i.html

lemmi
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by lemmi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:38 am

XCLTempesT wrote:I know that the DVS VE-200 has a special remote, and that it was made in Korea.
Does anybody have more information about the remote? Does it have dedicated play/pause buttons and all that? Does a 'normal' cdi remote also work on the VE-200 player?
On Interactive dreams it was stated that the DVS is actually a LG player.
Does the LG also include this special remote (or was it another different remote)? Does anybody have a picture?
http://cdii.blogspot.com/2008/05/hollan ... -cd-i.html
here is the picture of the remote from my LG gdi-700m machine from that web site

heh i didnt know Bas posted the pictures of my system on that website .. lol
thats cool to see (even if its 6 months later) :D

Shroo-man
Sum Zero Barman

Post by Shroo-man » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 am

LG Electronics (a Korean company) manufactured the VE-200 player but it was distributed under the brand-name: Digital Video Systems. My remote looks exactly the same as Lemmi's except i think it says DVS instead of LG on it. Other CD-i remotes do not work on the DVS player

XCLTempesT
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by XCLTempesT » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Cool! thanks for the pictures.

What does the return button do on the remote?