CD-i connections / LCD tv's ?

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
blackfrostbite
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by blackfrostbite » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:29 am

Hi there friend, sorry its been so long. Unfortunately i did`nt manage to solve to battery problem. So i went out and bought two different cdi`s. One a good old 210 model and the other a 470 model. Both are working perfectly but i have a little problem. I just bought a flat screen lcd 20"inch with built in dvd player, the make is Cello, but it will not pick up the neither of my cdi`s. I`ve tried the aeriel input, i`ve tried the scrat leads, i`ve even tried the cvbs connection, i`ve tried manually tuning and auto tuning and fine tuning, b ut it will just not pick up the cdi machines. Does anyone out there know why this is. Is it to do with the frequenncy that lcd t.v`s put out, because these machines work perfectly on my normal t.v`s. So i am completely confused. Please can anyone offer suggestion. I might have to consider selling my cdi machines plus over 50 games and films, one desperate man who needs his cdi working on his new lcd t.v, lol.

rupert
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by rupert » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:29 pm

im no professional but, if the TV is 100hz then you may have problems (usually it should tune to channel 36 anyway) also using the scart should have no tuning issues but make sure you put it in a scart port that supports RGB as they dont all (usually scart port 1 on your TV). this is only from my own experiance, i dont have much technical know how :?

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:08 pm

blackfrostbite wrote: I`ve tried the aeriel input, i`ve tried the scrat leads, i`ve even tried the cvbs connection, i`ve tried manually tuning and auto tuning and fine tuning, b ut it will just not pick up the cdi machines.
Scart connections of LCD screens should easily pick up any signal, including cd-i... I'm not sure what you mean with aerial input, neither with cvbs... does it have the old standard RGB input plugs? You sure you found the right channel (perhaps you need to adjust manually)

Do other signal get through the scart lead, or is it just the CD-i player?

All the best, and welcome to you all who visit this place for the first time ;)

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:21 pm

Neither the CD-i 210 nor the 470 has RF output, so there's no need to tune to a particular channel.

Just select the A/V channel. Depending on if you use SCART or the RCA jacks, you have to set up your TV to take the correct input signal. Note that SCART is not equal to RGB (SCART is just the name of the connector and can carry various video signals). I'm not sure if the CD-i 210 outputs RGB at all, so try with "composite video" first to be on the safe side.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Thanks, you just taught me something: what is RF exactly? It does not tune automatically to the right channel, but my Nintendo is on RGB inputs and it actually does. Maybe a TV wizardry thing?

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:34 pm

RF is the connection that is also used for the aerial cable. Hard to describe in English, as you already said that you don't know what "aerial" is ("Antennenkabel" in German, but I guess that won't help ;)). It's the frequency modulation that the TV channels use.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:41 pm

ah, I remember the RF modulator you had for CD-i, antennekabel is also dutch so don't worry ;)

Google takes away the language barrier!

You remember the RF Modulator?

WindowsKiller
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by WindowsKiller » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:51 pm

Bas wrote:You remember the RF Modulator?
Of course, it's advertised on the last page of almost every CD-i player's manual. :D

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:56 pm

just to avoid confusion, I splitted the posts guys.