Emulator project dead, on hold?

CD-i Emulator is the first fully evolving windows compatible emulator project of the Philips CD-i system. Discuss the emulator, compatibility issues, seek help and support to get the program operating and post what you'd like to see in future revisions of the program. CD-i players ROM (BIOS) requests, begging and links will not be tolerated. Otherwise feel free to post your thoughts on this amazing new piece of software.
KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Emulator project dead, on hold?

Post by KuroNeko » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:12 pm

It's been a while since I had time for this. :oops:

When the emu came out I purchased a copy and learned the next versions may support MPEG cartridges, which would be nice for those programmes that require them.

But now that I check up on the messages here, it seems nothing has happened since. Has CDifan abandoned the project?

Neko

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:29 pm

Good to see you back dude!

The project is not abandoned as such, but he took a well deserved break from the project. I'm sure when the time is right there will be an update, but I believe cdifan has a lot on his mind now (his own baby!).
Ofcourse, noone else than him can tell the current status. It would be good if a word came out whether the next year we shouldn't ask about it. ;)

I hope everythings OK Neko!

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:37 pm

cdifan is still around and hasn't abandoned us yet!

Like bas said the little bundle of joy is arriving very soon so MPEG support is the least of his worries!

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:02 pm

I see, one more CDi fan on the way. :lol:

Hopefully he'll chime in and give some news :D I only asked 'cause I was cleaning out a cupboard and found a few programmes I still have that need a cartridge (Xplora 1 most notably), and I was wondering if I should hang on to them.

Neko

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:40 pm

As Devin said, our little one is due pretty soon. I expect to resume serious work on CD-i emulator early next year, but it's hard to make promises.

But by all means hang on to those games, or at least keep disc images of them; MPEG support is still in the works...

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:51 am

cdifan wrote:As Devin said, our little one is due pretty soon. I expect to resume serious work on CD-i emulator early next year, but it's hard to make promises.
If the little one let's you gte enough sleep :lol: Congrats BTW, on the next generation!
But by all means hang on to those games, or at least keep disc images of them; MPEG support is still in the works...
Will do, thanks for the update

Neko

greatxerox
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by greatxerox » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:52 pm

hi i'm new

i'm waiting for a next release with MPEG support in order to buy your emulator^^

keep it the good work !

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 pm

Just to let everybody know the status...

Our christmas present arrived on December 26th. Here is a picture of the little Alex (taken last week for his new passport):
On the photo he is exactly four weeks old and in top condition, lungs included :-)
Mother and father (that's me!) need some sleep but are otherwise fine.

I still have some tax forms to fill in and after that I hope to have time for CD-i Emulator again...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:00 pm

Proud you will be :D !! Congratulations and the best wishes! Having a baby is one of the biggest miracles in life and it surely changes your view on everything, I'm happy to hear everything went fine, all the best and keep in touch!! ;)

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 am

He's the spitting image of you CD-i Fan! :wink:

Not even a month old and he already wants a passport to see the world! Doesn't hang about your kid :roll:

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:42 pm

Having a passport for your kid is always a good idea if you're going abroad, which we will this summer (I'm dutch myself but my wife is not and her family really wants to see our new kiddy...).

You're not the first one to wonder if four weeks of age isn't a bit early :D

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:14 pm

Not really worthwhile to start a new thread when this one's still very much on the first opage.

What's the latest on the development front?

Neko

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Re: Emulator project dead, on hold?

Post by Vincent XIII » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:32 pm

KuroNeko wrote:It's been a while since I had time for this. :oops:

When the emu came out I purchased a copy and learned the next versions may support MPEG cartridges, which would be nice for those programmes that require them.

But now that I check up on the messages here, it seems nothing has happened since. Has CDifan abandoned the project?

Neko
:o KuroNeko! :D omg that use to be my username on alot of sites! :D Neko is kitty in Japan :D hmm cant remember what kuro ment... -_- i need to start taking Japanese again -_-

KuroNeko
Softech Recruit

Post by KuroNeko » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:40 pm

Kuro is black. Sooo, you're the one who's been giving KuroNeko nick a bad name... :P

Any news from CDI Fan? How's his kid doing?

Neko

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:15 pm

oh thats right! :D lol i wanted that username after i watched Cat Soup the anime LOL!