dang! Dragon's Lair looks fun!

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

dang! Dragon's Lair looks fun!

Post by Vincent XIII » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:36 am

omg ive been researching it and watching sceans from it it looks fun! is it hard tho? cuz ive heard its really hard

greenday
Burn:Cycle Activated

Post by greenday » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:12 am

Very hard :x

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit
Location: InASmallCornerAlone... NOT im not an emo or anything! or am i?idonthaveaprobwithemostheyaresexyLOL

Post by Vincent XIII » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:13 am

im scared... ><

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:27 am

It is hard, But you get used to it eventually .. helps to have a good memory as you "can" memorise the sequence of buttons needed to pass, the rest is just timing ... oh and reversing the directions as it has a nasty habbit of changing sides if you do die. However it is very fun to play, eaven if you lose a life, as the animation sequences for those scenes are very entertaining.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:05 am

There is also a cheat guide, of course :-)

It saves you the "hassle" (which is really the fun, anyway) of figuring out what buttons to press when, but it doesn't help with the memorize aspect: you still have to instantly recognize the scene and play it correctly. Flipping cheat pages for the correct scene cheat description would take too much time.

Theoretically, of course, CD-i Emulator could do the page flipping for you, if it supported the DV cartridge, the cheat guide was digital and there was an easy way to recognize scenes (by screenshot or disc position or something). Some of these are more likely to happen in the near future then others :-)

rdjnl
Softech Recruit

Post by rdjnl » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:18 pm

I prefer Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp because i think it's much easier and make me laugh :lol:

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 pm

I have both Dragons Lair's and Space Ace on CDi and they are generally one of the games me and a few friends tend to play when we have mini gaming sessions here, have competitions to see who can get further,, is especialyl fun when ya have a few drinks lol.

cdifan
CD-i Emulator Author

Post by cdifan » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:34 pm

Personally I found Space Ace more rewarding, I don't know why. For my wife it's the exact opposite...

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit

Post by Vincent XIII » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:09 pm

those kind of games seem enteresting to me and i defenently want them

tgn_rogue
Karmic Church Disciple

Post by tgn_rogue » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:33 am

Cool, well I dfeinately think they are well worth the money and time you'll spend on getting them and "trying" to complete them.

Although I love the entire series i think their outing on PS2 kinda went a little downhill, is still a good game I mean but well, it lost its charm for me by using standard a very adventure game control system, would have been a lot better in my mind if they kept the one in the acrcade and CD-i versions.

Vincent XIII
Softech Recruit

Post by Vincent XIII » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:48 am

cool ^^