DISCover Belgium

Anything relating to CD-i can be discussed in this forum. From the multiple hardware iterations of the system to the sofware including games, reference, music and Video CDs. Maybe you hold an interest in Philips Media and the many development houses set up to cater for CD-i if so then this is the forum.
Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

DISCover Belgium

Post by Philipscdi.com » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:00 am

Did anybody ever hear of this CD-i "DISCover Belgium" before? I recently got my hands on this title, but I didn't even know it existed...

Devin
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Devin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:14 am

Hello, welcome back! :D

What's on this DISCabout Belgium?

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 am

Hi Devin! :-)

Well... It's about Belgium - no kidding - and it covers the history, geographical location, population, economy, ...
I only looked at it for a few minutes but it seemed quite interesting. I'll scan some images when I get home this evening.
This is one of the googled results:
http://www.klasse.be/archieven/archieve ... il&nr=4942
Een les geschiedenis: hoe is België naar de huidige politieke structuur gegroeid? U grijpt naar de CD-I «Discover Belgium». Daarbij krijgt u informatie over geschiedenis, economie, politiek, kunst en cultuur, toerisme en opvoeding. Ook de bredere betekenis van België in Europa en in de wereld wordt belicht. Door een gewone druk op de knop kunt u schakelen tussen de vijf belangrijkste Europese talen.
Another:
http://www.hypervision.be/fiches/_nl/fe ... elgium.htm
Deze vijftalige CD-i bevat een encyclopedie over België: historisch, politiek, economisch en cultureel. Het programma werd gemaakt i.o.v. de Belgische Overheid voor de Wereldtentoonstelling in Sevilla.
So it sais it was made for the World Fair in Sevilla in 1992... Nice.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:20 am

Hey look who's back! It's been more than a year Mathias ;)

I remember that Discover Belgium from long ago. The company was named Inbel and it's something like the dutch "Ontdek het onbekende Nederland".

Never seen it though, so it's a nice find! Post more please!

How are other things going, Mathias? No updates for Philipscdi.com since March '07... :(

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:35 pm

More than a year? Well, I have been busy, but what else is new, right?

On January 31st I became the father of my second daughter, Eloise, and that takes away quite a bit of my free time. And the little bit of free time I had, mainly went to spending time with my family, watching movies and listening to music.

Someone sold a CDi220 with a whole bunch of titles, some of them I didn't have, one I didn't even know, and one about RSC Anderlecht, the football team of my place of birth. There even was a CD-i mouse in the package, must have been the only controller I didn't have yet, and I got it all for 10€.

I put the 220 on the pile of CD-i players in the attic and started investigating the software.

On the DISCover Belgium disc was printed that it was a demo version and that it wasn't for sale, but it looked pretty complete to me. I think what they meant to say is that it's not a commercially available title. I'd like to know if anyone has the same disc WITHOUT the 'demo' notice.

I'll post the pics.

Erronous
CDinteractive Moderator

Post by Erronous » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:27 pm

It vaguely rings a bell, I think I have a "Discover ..." disc somewhere, no idea if that's Belgium :). The part about almost the entire zoo of Antwerp being on the disc makes it sound a lot like "Zoo eenvoudig" (not sure about the exact name, but it's a disc about the antwerp zoo.

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:14 pm

Zoo Eenvoudig, you're right!

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:44 pm

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:10 am

nice one! Considering this is not published by Philips, this was seen as a professional title? Have you also played it?

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:59 am

Yes, I have played it and it looks really nice. I posted a little review on the Philipscdi.com page. I think I might wanna transfer it to the professional titles though, for obvious reasons, but mainly because it's not really an encyclopedia...

Bas
CDinteractive Admin

Post by Bas » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 am

Since when does Philipscdi.com have a section about 'professional titles'?

New update?

Philipscdi.com
CD-i Site Admin

Post by Philipscdi.com » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:27 am

Must be :-)

cdoty
Frog Feast Dev

Post by cdoty » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:53 am

Philipscdi.com wrote:More than a year? Well, I have been busy, but what else is new, right?
Nice site update!

I love looking at how Frog Feast is incorporated into a news item! It's amazing how creating people are.
Visit RasterSoft on facebook or visit the website.